+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks

Re: Need help making a background for a website that fills the screen appropriately.

I guess you don't have the image in the same folder as the html document. You should make a folder called image in the same path as the html document.

Code:
    body {
    background-image:url(images/bgmc.jpg);
    background-size:100% auto;
    }
    Need help making a background for a website that fills the screen appropriately.-untitled-1.png
    Last edited by Denniswel1; 01-01-2013 at 09:27 AM.

Thanks

Re: Need help making a background for a website that fills the screen appropriately.

I should have included this in my post. That was my first thought when I ran into the problem and the first thing I checked. The image is in the same folder as the HTML documents.
    I will give it another try doing what you have suggest and report back with how it works.
    Thanks I appreciate the help

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Denniswel1 View Post
    I guess you don't have the image in the same folder as the html document. You should make a folder called image in the same path as the html document.

Code:
    body {
    background-image:url(images/bgmc.jpg);
    background-size:100% auto;
    }
    Attachment 25911

This is probably a really a really stupid question. But like a saod I am very new to web design. Where in my code should I place the code that you gave me. I tried pasting it after the ending head tag but, if I do that it simply shows up as text on my webpage. On the previous page is a copy of my website code.

Thanks so much. I really appreciate all the help that everyone has given me.

Thanks

This is CSS code so this should be pasted between the <style type="text/CSS"> </style> tag.
    Last edited by Denniswel1; 01-02-2013 at 05:09 PM.

Thanks

Thanks. I'm sure that was a stupid question. Now I have a another. As I was looking at the code to my website I noticed there is a closing body tag but no opening tag. Should I just put the opening tag right after the ending head tag?

Thank you again I appreciate the help.

Thanks

There is one, let me tell some css basic, first you name the element (in your case body) than you have that sing as shown below, this is your "opening tag" saying there will be some properties like width or height ect. than there is another sign wich closes your code. You'll notice that CSS is not responding to uppercase letters and white spaces. Take a look at the example below.

Code:
    element {
    element:properties;
    }
    EDIT:
    I see you gave the body tag in your head section an class, you should remove that class!
    Last edited by Denniswel1; 01-02-2013 at 06:08 PM.

Thanks

Thank you so much for the help. I was finally able to accomplish what I was trying to do. I think it was a series of idiot mistakes that was keeping me from accomplishing what I was trying to accomplish.
    Thank you again to everyone for the help I truly do appreciate it.

Thanks

Pleasure to help you, everybody has to start somewhere right? ;)

There is another tool to check if your code is right called wc3 validator this tool checks your code for any mistakes, so that might be usefull as well.