What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Please critique my start page

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pieter Goris

Hi everyone,

I noticed that I can learn a lot from here. Many ideas and many opinions combined together can make a huge difference. Would you like to critique my start page. Not completely finished but the basic setup.
That I know if I'm going the right direction or not. The blue blocks are the hover overs.

Positive or negative, anything is welcome. Just keep it respectful but honest please.

Thanks a lot in advance

Last edited:

Inkz

Guru
Looks amazing right now...

Colour palette is nice and great choice of fonts. One thing I would say is, the logo header needs some work. Maybe change the colour of the word Moop the same blue colour used on the page, just to make the logo stand out a bit more.

Other than that, it's tip top.

Pieter Goris

Thank you Inkz, means a lot.Besides from that, I'm still doubting the .We are and .Our clients part.Perhaps its better to just keep the 'grid' and the header and trailer on the start page.The .We are falls out of place in my opinion, but I'm not experienced enough to tell.I kan do magic with words, besides from that quite a newbie :mrgreen:

Last edited:

Inkz

Guru
Sorry to pick lol...

The words "Development.Concepting" may look better just solid colour rather than with a textured overlay.

And the "Tell them we are coming" text needs to be shifted slightly to the left, just so it's in line with the text above.

Pieter Goris

For example more like this Inkz

Wouldn't make that a cleaner startpage you think.

Last edited:

Inkz

Guru
No biggy, that why you are a moderator and I'm a Junior Member for. :cheesygrin:

I had it before like you said. Solid colors and shifted to the left. Claire told me to change it :cheesygrin:

Sorry Clare lol :rolleyes:

Blue Moop looks alot better.

ibclare

Queen Bee
Now just a minute, I didn't say any of that! I never even saw the moop in blue, and in the example I gave you, I had moved the tagline over to the left. Take a look at it. I didn't move it all the way to line up with the w above, beause that made it out of balance but it went over a lot. I am not real happy to be misquoted, but I shall be the big man and forgive you both for your sorry ass comments. :rofl::rofl::rofl:

And you don't have to push your insecurities ovver on someone else just because you followed a suggestion. Incidentally, I really like the overlay. Take your pick, my reaction to it, Inkz's reaction to it, or a third option. And quit doubting your own words. The Great OZ has spoken.

Zeealex

Retired Forum Moderator
maybe a subtle grey stroke (30-50% grey) around Development.Concepting? gives it a bit more contrast, as the white in the texture is a little hard on the eye directly against a white background.
or maybe a drop shadow?
sorry, I don't mean to nit pick.

Pieter Goris

Now just a minute, I didn't say any of that! I never even saw the moop in blue, and in the example I gave you, I had moved the tagline over to the left. Take a look at it. I didn't move it all the way to line up with the w above, beause that made it out of balance but it went over a lot. I am not real happy to be misquoted, but I shall be the big man and forgive you both for your sorry ass comments. :rofl::rofl::rofl:

And you don't have to push your insecurities ovver on someone else just because you followed a suggestion. Incidentally, I really like the overlay. Take your pick, my reaction to it, Inkz's reaction to it, or a third option. And quit doubting your own words. The Great OZ has spoken.

Hi Clare,

Don't be mad at me, I'm still green. Maybe I expressed myself wrong or understood something wrong. English is not my native language either.
What I wanted to tell to Inkz is that you told me my 'Tell them we're coming' on my wallpaper was badly aligned and that I should align it like I did on the logo now. That was correct isn't it? Otherwise my sincere apologies for the misconception.
I never thought I HAD to do something that was advised to me. I tried out some of the comments and they came out pretty so I am thankful for all the comments. I didn't want to speak in your behalf I'm sorry.

For the blue moop, you indeed didn't saw that. It was an advice from Inkz which came out pretty good in my opinion.
The overlay I thought of myself and Clare told me she was into it.

Sorry if there are any misconceptions I didn't mean to. I am very thankful for all the help I am getting here and it takes away some of my doubts.

Pieter Goris

maybe a subtle grey stroke (30-50% grey) around Development.Concepting? gives it a bit more contrast, as the white in the texture is a little hard on the eye directly against a white background.
or maybe a drop shadow?
sorry, I don't mean to nit pick.

Don't feel a nit picker (is that even a word?) man, I'm asking for this kind of comments and am thankful for it!
I'll try it out together with the different alignment and post the result to see your comments.

Pieter Goris

The we are page. Not me on the picture by the way. I wish I looked half as good :rofl:

Last edited:

ibclare

Queen Bee
Well hurry up. Expiring minds want to know ... what you look like.

And yes, nit pick is a word! English is a weird freeking language and we have tons of vernacular expressions. Bet your language does too. But we have borrowed from so many languages that we have probably got more homonyms and homophones than any language on Earth. http://www.magickeys.com/books/riddles/words.html, not to mention our strange verb conjugations, tenses, and so on and on.

Status
Not open for further replies.