What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Photoshoped photo on facebook = pixelated photo. WHY?

KingBlingBla

When I create a banner in photoshop (851 pixels wide and 315 pixels tall) (300psi) I save it as a jpeg and I upload it to FaceBook as a cover photo and it gets a little pixelated. I upload it to PhotoBucket and it comes out clear.
Is this a problem with what i am doing or is it a FaceBook issue?
If it is something I am doing, what is it?
I have tried 300psi and 72psi with the same results.

Tom Mann

Guru
People use the word, "pixelated" in quite different ways, so, in the absence of an example image, I may not understand exactly what problem you are facing. However, I suspect it may be the same problem as described in this thread:
http://www.photoshopgurus.com/forum/photoshop-web/48789-blurry-parts-picture.html

Read through it, and if you are having a different problem, post an image that shows the before and after change, and we'll look into it further.

Tom

KingBlingBla

Perfect. i sent that to my graphics manager and he will test it out next time he makes a banner witch should be this weekend.

DannyOlivier

It is facebook im pretty sure, it automatically decreases the quality for cover/banner images.

Tom Mann

Guru
Danny, in case you hadn't noticed, this thread is a couple of weeks old, and the problem with Facebook that you mentioned was discussed extensively in the even older thread cited in post #2 of this thread.

Tom

Tom Mann

Guru
Don't feel bad -- I inadvertently reply to dead threads at least once every week or two and always get ribbed about it, LOL.

T