Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

Windows 8 are you ready?

I was looking at the new windows logo, a bit flat don't you think?

I thought they would have given it a bit of a lift seeing it is the next gen version?

-windows-8-logo-300x300-jpg original.

-wins8-png my remake.
    ​REMEMBER TO PUT THE LID DOWN GUYS

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Re: Windows 8 are you ready?

I have tried using Windows 8 Beta in our school...More like for mobile and tablets..I'm still using XP for desktop and Win7 for my laptop :P
    NO SIG. *SIGH* BUT I HAVE A BLOG! *WINK*

3. Likes Inkz liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

I don't realy know much about Windows , only that I personaly have stop getting new versions of windows untill their more established and some of the bugs fix.. I got Windows vista... it didn't seem to be around long before windowns 7 was out.. i had so many problems with Vista it was unreal....I ended geting so frustrated with it i went back to XP untill i used 7 on some elses PC , even then it had been out a while before i was convinced it was OK...

I have been told from some one that vista was basicaly a trial version of 7 relaesed out to the public by Microsoft so any bugs that were reported were iron out before releasing 7.. Obveousley this can in no way be confirm or susbstantiated and should be taken with a pinch of salt...

However after my experiance with Vista i think i'l wait to see how the reviews go about 8 before getting it...

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    55 Post(s)

I have Vista on a laptop and I hate it I like XP better if those were my only choices.
    My desktop have Win7 and I really like it.

I'm not impressed with what I'm hearing about Win8.
    I ordered a new laptop a few days ago with Win7, I made an intentional decisions not to use it.

Freelance and GIMP+ Section Moderator Zeealex's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Paul View Post
    I was looking at the new windows logo, a bit flat don't you think?

I thought they would have given it a bit of a lift seeing it is the next gen version?

-windows-8-logo-300x300-jpg original.

-wins8-png my remake.
    the whole idea of the logo is to signify their silly and hard to use "metro" interface, although i like your remake, it's no longer the "metro" style.

I tried (with an open mind) windows 8 for 30 seconds and immediately hated it. they are digging their own graves with this version, it's 100 times worse than vista!

back to linux!

Power User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

When Win8 lost its start button then for me it lost its intuitiveness. Win8 was frustrating to use when I had to hunt for things that I normally would do in a mouse click or 2 in previous versions. Then there is the stupid app store or whatever it is called, it really must grind MS's gears that apple have this huge money making app store so MS have to bang it in this new OS.

On the plus side win8 does look prettier and is faster that previous windows. Once we get the hang of it I'm hoping it will be as good as win7.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I definitely won't be using Windows 8 because of the kill switch.
    I'll stick with my Windows 7, thank you!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)

I love 7....after starting in DOS, cussing vista and XP...I have ZERO problems, never crashed and with MSE It flies!

Norton really slowed it down....MSE rocks!

Hang up and Drive!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Windows 8 represents a flush down the toilet to everyone in my office. I bought a machine with 8 and set it up in the office so all the girls could give it a try.

Each time one would take some time to take a look at it, and that's all they did, would leave and go back to their offices laughing. One girl looked at it for a few minutes and tried to use it...she get's up and and says..never to return.

So, I called a meeting to discuss 8 and they all refused to use it...good girls!...I take the machine back to the big box store where I purchased it and asked for a refund...the guy shook his head and said...you're the 5th person today to return anything with 8 on it, and that was about 9:30am.

11. Likes Paul, MikeMc liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I tried win8 but I don't like the switching between MetroUI and DesktopUI.

So I switched back to use Win7 again.