What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Technigue to make image gold, silver or bronze?

Melis

Is there a quick technigue to make images gold, silver or bronze?

A better question would be what are you looking to make gold, silver or bronze?

Remember. Never goto the Library without your shotgun. now Free

I want to make a medal gold silver and bronze edit: I want to make this gold medal also silver and Bronzetestmedal.jpg

Is there a easy way to do that?

Last edited:
Will these work?

Just click on each picture. You can save them to your computer from there.

For the record. I copied the original layer and removed the white background on the copy. I then desaturated the metal for two reasons. One it gave me the silver medal. Secondly because I created a third layer and made a selection (by pressing CTRL and clicking on the layer icon) and filling it with a bronze color. I then changed the layer style to "color". By changing the layer style to color it gave the desaturated layer under it the finished color above. I then saved them as two separate JPEGs.

Last edited:
Will these work?

Just click on each picture. You can save them to your computer from there.

I think you didn't understand the OP question correctly. Melis didn't want you to do the job for him. He asked how to do this.
Could you please show us the steps to get a result like this?

I think you didn't understand the OP question correctly. Melis didn't want you to do the job for him. He asked how to do this.
Could you please show us the steps to get a result like this?
I already did. Check that post again. I edited it with what I did to achieve those medals.

Allright thx. I now chose a other medal and maybe give me some advise? these are my medals:

Ligamedals3stuks.png

Allright thx. I now chose a other medal and maybe give me some advise? these are my medals:

View attachment 37938

Well since you have all colors I would just use a marquee tool and make a copy of each one and paste them into a new PSD file. From there if you want an invisible background make sure the original layer is turned off and then save them as PNG files.

Last edited by a moderator:

Back