What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Kill To Survive

My comment is kind of counter to Clare's... The whole scene has a nice gritty feel to it, but the dragon looks a little like smooth fiberglass to me, like an amusement park ride. What if you roughened up his scales subtly using a concrete or dirt texture with a blending mode and low opacity? What does that do to his look?

I do really like the imagination you brought to it, and the lighting is a skill set I don't have. Not sure I could do that. Just sharing a what-if thought.

Last edited:
I see what you're saying bosch. The dragon is more roughed up in the second one, but would fit better with the rest of the scene were he more gritty. Except for one point, aren't dragons supposed to be all shiny scales and such?

My comment is kind of counter to Clare's... The whole scene has a nice gritty feel to it, but the dragon looks a little like smooth fiberglass to me, like an amusement park ride. What if you roughened up his scales subtly using a concrete or dirt texture with a blending mode and low opacity? What does that do to his look?

I do really like the imagination you brought to it, and the lighting is a skill set I don't have. Not sure I could do that. Just sharing a what-if thought.

Thanks for looking and your comment Bosch, much appreciated.
The original dragon picture is not mine, I just altered it to fit the scene. Shiny scales or rough scales is just a personal preference, as Clare mentioned already in her answer to your comment. A dragon is always an imaginary image in the artist's mind, and in my composite it looks great and exactly as I wanted it.

Back