What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hunting. - Image manipulation

I started with compressed jpeg source files so I couldn't get the full quality I would have liked, but I think this came out quite fantastic. No custom brushes used for the blood.

Any constructive criticism and or general feedback is welcomed and greatly appreciated.

hunting.jpg

The blood looks fake as mate, i don't get the premise either, is it some sort of evil dead meets zombie deer crap?

Yes, I somewhat agree with Paul that not only the blood but the leg itself looks very fake.
Your proportions are way off! That boot is huge, the man wearing that boot would have easily been able to wrestle that Elk down and choke him out!

This is not a bad concept, just need to work on creating a more believable leg.

Paul, this is the idea of an animal that is normally hunted, turning the table and becoming the hunter.

I think it is a good Idea, though again, you need to work on the blood, and maybe the edge of the leg, as it looks clean cut, rather than gnawed off.

I'm not a massive follower of hunter fasion, but is that a man's boot? Can't go wrong with a steel toecap Dr. Martens IMO.

"The blood looks fake as mate, i don't get the premise either, is it some sort of evil dead meets zombie deer crap?"
From a moderator, I would expect a little bit more respectful of a reply, but I will accept it. Unless, of course, it is protocol to call new member's work "crap". In that case, I apologize for questioning your language decision, please correct me if I am misunderstanding, one can not fully understand how to take a sentence in text as no direct tone is present.

For everyone else:
There are a few points I should have included in posting the image, I did not realize after the fact that I could not edit my post to include them...I should have disclosed this was a really quick image, about 15 minutes, and is just meant for fun...I feel like the expectation is that this was intended to be some masterpiece, and that is not the case. I will be more diligent vis a vis descriptions of future images.

The feedback thus far has encompassed the issues that I myself have identified...I did however overlook proportion issue, great catch. Know that I am not an artist by any means, so that is excellent feedback. I really appreciate it.

One thing I notice, that no one has commented on is the sharpness...To me it is too harsh.

Again, thanks for the feedback guys I really appreciate it.

"The blood looks fake as mate, i don't get the premise either, is it some sort of evil dead meets zombie deer crap?"
From a moderator, I would expect a little bit more respectful of a reply, but I will accept it. Unless, of course, it is protocol to call new member's work "crap". In that case, I apologize for questioning your language decision, please correct me if I am misunderstanding, one can not fully understand how to take a sentence in text as no direct tone is present.

For everyone else:
There are a few points I should have included in posting the image, I did not realize after the fact that I could not edit my post to include them...I should have disclosed this was a really quick image, about 15 minutes, and is just meant for fun...I feel like the expectation is that this was intended to be some masterpiece, and that is not the case. I will be more diligent vis a vis descriptions of future images.

The feedback thus far has encompassed the issues that I myself have identified...I did however overlook proportion issue, great catch. Know that I am not an artist by any means, so that is excellent feedback. I really appreciate it.

One thing I notice, that no one has commented on is the sharpness...To me it is too harsh.

Again, thanks for the feedback guys I really appreciate it.

No worries, you asked and i replied - just for the record i called the whole genre crap not your effort.
As for your last comment about us missing your overly sharpened effort, any wonder no one replies when you take offence to replies?

Last edited:

Back