What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Poll What kind of internet connection do you use?

What is the internet connection that you use?

• Total voters
my first computer was a red crayon and scrap paper -no ram but it had 2 eyes whoa top notch back then

I advanced eventually to a HB pencil and blank paper thought I was the bees knees then

I upgraded to a pen and lined paper and eventually added a 24 lined page memory to it :rofl:

boy they were the days :\ :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
sfm okay I will get back in my box now ha ha ha

Hey folks?...

It would appear that this thread has gotten way off topic.
All of these 'other' posts belong in the "Other Interests" board... yes? ;)

The poll is sitting at 59% to 41% in favour of high-speed connections.

Just thought i'd put the attention back on the thread topic. [excited]

A group is as strong as the attention the strongest has for the weakest, and the faith the weakest has in the strongest.
So I consider it to be a question of human elegance not to upload images that are over 100k, prefereably even around 50-75k, and keeping the 600pix wide limit.

I would probably tend to agree with you Erik.

At this time, the file size limit is in fact 150kb.
And the image pixel width limit is set to 640.

Whereby a board such as the "Show Board" might warrant some slightly larger file sizes -- it is after all a graphics gallery of sorts -- most of the other types of boards should be populated with graphics while using a bit more restraint where file size is concerned.

And we *could* try to make a distinction: the Showboard for finished works, no wips, and the Campfire for errr...fun, and for wips.
Then we could indeed go evt. a bit bigger in the showcase, but we might include, for example, the file size.

Mark something strange is happening here............ I did search for the thread to report it but I can't find it so I am just putting it here where the problem has happened again.......... I have read this last post and look at the date above, this has happened a few times now but it will pop up again and again today as an unread post as it did yesterday and the day before that and the day before that - old posts that are read with an old date keep popping up - just thought that you should know bud :D
sfm

Sue, could it be happening because someone voted in the poll? Just a thought.

Anyway, earlier I voted that I had 56k dial up at home. I'm happy to announce that my DSL is finally active at home. Yay!

could be UK but Sunday I had another thread that kept coming up with the same date on it and there is no poll in there now which thread was it :\ can't remember now
sfm

I use a dial-up 56k modem at home and at school (mon-fri, 7:50a.m. - 3:40p.m. PT) I use a T1 :D (why not take advantage of the schools comps?) :shocked: I saw at & t putting down fiberoptics, but I think it was only for a remote, I'm not sure yet though. If it were for homes though they would split the cords off into smaller quantities such as the speed of a cable connection. Anyways, so far I can't get anything but dial-up :(

DSL
I can't remember my upload but my download is around 1.75 I think. I would love faster haha

just voted for cable/dsl. that is correct if there is a wireless modem/router thing for the internet right?

Sure, it's what your server runs, and it depends on the size of your MySql Database.

Back