What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

3d Reflection issue

3vangelica

I made this, just passing the time... but it highlighted an issue I don't know how to solve.
In the circled area there is a magenta reflection. When you use a highly reflective material, it reflects a grid with cyan & magenta numbers (c7, d4, e8 etc.)
How do I remove this grid and/or reflect the actual environment?

mufcv2a.jpg

3vangelica

In case people don't know what I'm talking about, here's an example...
A numbered dark, light grid is reflected.

Example.jpg

o.robles

the chrome is reflecting off something in the background? if you move the pane around does it change? I tried moving the logo a bit and was able to catch the grass reflection but for some reason I cant seem to have the logo facing forward and grass reflection at the same time.

Manchester-United-v-Stoke-City.jpg

3vangelica

If i move the pane and/or the object it reflects what looks like the dark, light grid you see when you're using a transparent layer. Only this grid is BIG and it has grid numbers in each square.
Maybe it's a bug of some kind and I should re-install photoshop?
I never had this with cs6, and I haven't seen anyone else with the same problem?

o.robles

That seems weird, maybe there is a setting you can change but I couldn't get it to reflect the way I wanted either

3vangelica

Unfortunately, I've been through all the settings I know about. Preferences and View. I've tried turning everything on and everything off but nothing gets rid of it. I even tried setting Transparency Grid to None in case it was actually somehow reflecting the transparency grid but that didn't work either.
What exactly did you want it do? Maybe I can help you even if you can't help me?

Eggy

Retired Moderator
It's been awhile since I used PS 3D...I started my 3D journey with PS 3D but moved on to Blender, but that's another story...

To have a good reflection you need to learn how to use the IBL feature (Image based Lights).
Have a look at these to have an idea how to use it (don't forget that you want only the extrusion reflective so select that part only to apply the IBL on)

https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=photoshop+3d+using+ibl

Last edited: