What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

3D Poser Models for all to use

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tron

Guru
Poser Models for all to use {Some nudity in this thread}

Here she is Queen of the Amazons
Terragen, Poser, Photoshop

sfm

Guru

Cool Rick!

Just got my max 4.2 and cinema 4d xl7 yesterday - still haven't loaded them I want to wait until I have more time to play :D
sfm

Tron

Guru

Boy I gotta show you this, I know that it is not all that good in composition, and needs to be clearer, But what is exciting me tonight is that i found that i can import Terragen backgrounds right into Poser and the populate the scene with my Poser creations. Maybe you all knew this but I didn't, so alow me my excitement.
This is a first attempt and if you all remember we all had first attempts, but they tend to improve. We hope. I should have waited till I had a little better pic, but I Was Excited ;) :D
And the jpg killed the colours as always.

sfm

Guru

cool Rick with your learning you will be able to help me when I get some time and install my new 3d programs - I wonder if I can 3d some time for myself he he he :D
sfm

kiwi

Guru

Ya I second that Rick can teach Sue 3D :)

Sue Max is a very powerfull program,actually max is what gets used the most for gaming,but I have seen some amazing work done with 3D Max .My advice would be choose a prog to work with and learn them one at a time,two at a time would be really really difficult to do :)

Stu.

Tron

Guru

Well thanks for that but I hrdly think I have any qualifacations for teaching 3D, I am still a long way down on the learning curve myself.
Sue I agree with Stu thought, be very tough to learn both programs at the same time.

dv8_fx

Retired Administrator

Oh man, a poser thread and can't check things out. Poser in office and I'm still learning. Any other tuts links to a good site?

I've got a tut from another site, if anyone is interested, on how to map in human facial skin. I'll see if it fits, quite large you know.

Poseless dv8

Tron

Guru

The best site i have found so far for Poser is Renderosity.com

Here is a pic I started this AM, I call it
Early Morning
:D

Tron

Guru

This is the same model as the one in the red top in the above image. This is just a little more detailed B7

sfm

Guru

thanks for the advise - which is the best one to learn for realistic life effects, max or cinema 4d?
I am more into fish and plant type of drawings rather than game type of images that my son plays - the only game that I play is backgammon! :D
sfm

Tron

Guru

Sue I think either one would do to start with, but I think Cinema might be your best choice
[confused]

sfm

Guru

thanks
sfm

dv8_fx

Retired Administrator

Renderosity- yup, it's the best so far I've seen too. But it takes a hell of a while to download the tutorials. Are there any other, rick?

Erik

Guru

God, this hurts...
Trying to fix a comp of a friend with one of my two HDD's, I chose the wrong one... OK, I backed up 90% of what I had, but I lost all my favourites, all my e-mail and adresses and some 400MB of downloaded images...and who knows what else...
I do visit renderosity often, searching for the 5% of incredibly good work . But I don't see how I'm gonna find them back in the more than 100.000 images that are posted there...
And the Photoshop sites, and ...

Tron

Guru

Yea you are right on there Erik, it gets pretty painfil trying to sift through all the things on that site :D

Tron

Guru

Here is a new pic I did today, Terragen background, the rest in Poser
I call it 'Strange Companions'

Tron

Guru

Wow I uploaded the wrong pic, it was 800x600 oops.
Here is the copy I meant to upload

kiwi

Guru

Erik I hope your friend is making a sizable contribution to the "Erik needs new canvas fund" :perfect:

I still have a truckload of PS links,and a number of those images should be on cds you have sent over,not all but some bud :)

Erik did your drive get initialized?,or did the images just get deleted,because if they were just deleted try Norton un erase on system works cd :)

Rick nice,but the Leopard looks like it is in the wrong enviroment.Also try and match the levels of your animals with their enviroment or background.The thing about compositing is that 80% of the time you just have to go by eye,and you cant really teach someone to go by eye it just takes lots of practise :)

Try this........First think ok what are the chances a Leopard with that coloring would spend much time in the snow,a snow Leopard ya,but that one looks to be hot plains type of Leopard.Next a Leopard and a Wolf together?,I mean by all means try and experiment with all sorts of combinations of animals enviroments etc but if you want realism maybe two Wolves would be better,the reason being your brain studies the image goes Leopard,cold climate,very unlikely,Leopard and Wolf,very unlikely etc etc.Try two Wolves watch how the image falls together better automatically,the reason being your brain now goes two Wolves,cold climate,ya I will believe that :) ,or alternatively make your Leopard white that will also make a difference :)

Stu.

kiwi

Guru

Sue Max is more full on then Cinema 4d,with all sorts tools etc that Cinema 4d does not have.Cinema 4d would be easier to learn,but Max would probably allow you more modelling tools etc :D

Stu.

Status
Not open for further replies.