What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

3D Poser Models for all to use

Status
Not open for further replies.

{OZ}

Poser Models for all to use {Some nudity in this thread}

Erik thanks for the wonderful pic and the great info. I wish you went on for days! I sure would read on for days:)

dv8_fx

Retired Administrator

Whew. Been busy these couple of days in a whirlwind of work.

Hi stu.
I'm slow on the slang, what does "bone it" mean? Ya, the mesh tears. deforming that part of the figure moved. And assuming you have 2 figures in one scene, how do you assign individual lighting? Lastly, This fairy's wing is another figure. Can it be grouped with the fairy so I can manouver or rotate it as one?

Rick,
Here's the other playmate plus one sneaking up from behind.

Can you download from a Yahoo briefcase? If you can, I'll create a share folder and upload the Poser files there. I give up on Kturn.

vee

Erik

Guru

Hihi,

Bones are what a body needs to have a structure and to adhere muscles on.
No good...?

Second attempt: Suppose you've created a 3D human figure. Suppose you want it to hold something. Then yourealise that lots of "units" have to work together. For example an arm. You cannot move the hand without moving the elbow or the shoulder. So they invented a system called "bones" for that. It is like linking parts that can move independantly. "Nothing' moves the hand, the hand moves the forearm, the elbow moves the shoulder and so on. Bones give a relationship between all these parts and make them dance together.
No good...?

STUUU!!!!!!!
:perfect:
Stu will explain...

sfm

Guru

doh Erik I thought he was talking about................
dem bones dem bones dem dry bones............... he he he he sfm

dv8_fx

Retired Administrator

:rofl:
I got ya erik. Its just that I notice when I move the arm using the upper arm joint, the shoulder begins to distort. On a anotomical perspective, of course the shoulder muscle flexes but doesn't twist. Or is it like that in Poser - you have to compensate by adjusting the adjoining parts? Or is it in the choice of move tool?

vee

dv8_fx

Retired Administrator

Erik,
Looking at your model post, that is what I want to achieve - using poser to create and employ life-like digital models in a real world setting.

vee

Tron

Guru

I'm posting this for you to see the wings most of all, The come from DAZ and they are free. Thhey come with 6 or 7 different texture maps so the came be anything from a butterfly to a dragonfly to a fanticy set
get them here if you like
http://free.daz3d.com/pages/free/archive.html

sfm

Guru

Cool Rick thanks for the link
sfm

kiwi

Guru

Vee Erik explained bones very well :D ,I would just add that bones allow deformation of a model,so when you make a model especially a human you need to insert a skeleton to be able to pose it,thus bones :D

Vee try locking one axis at a time when you move say and arm,use the y axis first and move the whole arm to about the area you want it in,then open the arm hierachie and pose the forearm,hand and so on.If your model is creasing there will be two reasons 1 - the mesh or model has become twisted in an un anatomical manouver ie posing a limb to an angle or position that is not feasible. 2 - depends on the modellers skill,some modellers make better meshs which with their bones deform more freely and look better.If you are not trying to make a limb do something which is not noramlly anantomically possible then I think it will come down to the modellers work in the area where you are having problems :)

Just curious guys are theses models being made with triangle polys or quad polys,ie are they all triangles or squares?

Stu.

dv8_fx

Retired Administrator

Stu, tell you the truth..... I don't know. How does one open them so you can tell? I've always wanted to find that out of curiousity.

vee

kiwi

Guru

Ooooh in Poser I am not sure vee [stuned] ,Poser has tools which allow you to change the mesh right?,if so there must be a way of using point mode and polygon mode.You could also export as OBJ format or DXF to Cinema 4d and look at the model in there.

Models made with quad polys seem to crease less then triangles or three sided polys......just my opinion :D And the more polys you have in one area the better the mesh will behave when deformed with bones as it has more points to work with :)

Cheers

Stu.

Tron

Guru

Not quite sure how answer that Stu, Here is a screen shot of a model showing the mesh. Maybe that will answer your questions

kiwi

Guru

Thanks Rick :D ,the majority are quad polygons.

I think sometimes you will get models made up of all triangles as well,and they may not deform {bend} as well :)

Cheers

Stu.

Anamacha

is poser a commercial program that I'd have to buy, or is it somethign that I can download from somewheres?

seems like a fun toy to play with. Might even be able to get some useful stuff done, too.

Anam.

dv8_fx

Retired Administrator

It's a program you have to buy. I don't know how much in US but you can check the site-

http://www.curiouslabs.com/

It's more than a toy. It's a tool for for serious graphic artists like you. Immense possibilities. One of the stepping stones to 3d character animation as well Try it, you'll love it.

vee

Anamacha

groovy ... thanks Vee, for the info as well as for the recognition ... "serious graphic artists like me" ... I can't tell you how good that feels to get that recognition. Thanks :)

Anyway, I'll look into it ... it's not terribly expensive. We'll see what happens, I suppose.

Anam.

Tron

Guru

Anama
I don't have it myself but Erik does , he posted a while back that there was a free copy that come with one of the Computer Magazines. You might want to query Erik on this.

Tron

Guru

This is work in progress, one of my favorites todate. Only problem is that the groom forgot to hook the horse up to the chariot [confused]
I need to devise a harness system for them :rofl:

Anamacha

groom, nothin' ... that looks like a bottomless nun in there! ;)

good job though :D

Anam

Status
Not open for further replies.