What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

3D Poser Models for all to use

Status
Not open for further replies.

kiwi

Guru
Poser Models for all to use {Some nudity in this thread}

Hahahahaaa a half naked Warrior Nun.......man the guys who design these Poser figures need girlfriends,or is it a competition to see who can outfit their model with the least clothing :rofl: ......

I got one how about a half naked rhomboid from the planet circumference with twelve nostrils,six feet,scaly skin but just down to the knees,with a Partridge growing out the top of its head and it juggling florescent orbs of water while dancing the Lambada on a unicycle......now that would be a challenge :D

Nice compositing there vee :)

Stu.

dv8_fx

Retired Administrator

With respect to the guys who designed this characters, less is the acceptable norm but leaves more to their imagination.:D (on a mannaquin?) (A bandaid?)

Weeell, that's art at its barest essentials.

Your suggestion? I think I have all the parts for that....:rofl: .

vee

Erik

Guru

SFM: elves wear no bikini's...[excited]

Rick: there were two warrior nuns first, but the poor dragon ate one, and now he's got acid in his stomach[confused]

That is the Poser problem I suppose. I once thought that it could be interesting for me, but I still doubt, and the main cause of my doubt is renderosity...
I love gunsan, gravenrobber, jrulier, studio ronin, dragongirl and little red(who did a great job-with permission-by using some of my works as textures...) and some others. But I get fed up by them madonnas with big boobies. I once wrote a comment that was a bit err...sarcastic, and they started flaming like mad. Hahaha.
Still, I do suppose that Poser can be a very interesting application in inspired hands. I have P3. came with a mag, and one day I might upgrade. But not today. I spent my money on PS7, and I have some other soft waiting, like Frog.
And some frames to buy...
I'll show some new paintings shortly...

sfm

Guru

SFM: elves wear no bikini's...

[saywhat] they run around in their their their birthday suits? [saywhat]

ha ha ha couldn't resist he he he oh what a morning this has been on the board today he he he - or did someone turn the laughing gas on! ha ha ha
sfm

Tron

Guru

Erik
I agree with you 100% about the big boobie bimbo's on renderosity, however I do think that there are some pretty serious artists at work there as well. I know the poser models seem a little basic to some, but I find the challenge in trying to provide settings and backdrops for them and to try to make it as realistic or artistic as possible.( not at the same time)
Although the program tends to lend itself to the Si FI and the Supernatural, groups. As you can see by what I do I like the Cars and bikes and as well I do like to try to depict scenes of Medeival settings. Just my thing I guess.

Besides I find it fun, and to me, not being a serious artist, fun is what it is all about. :D :D

Vee
I like the setting you chose for Carly, I have her as well but not the fairie wings, we should make a backdrop and have them come out and play together.:rofl:

kiwi

Guru

Ya Rick I did not mean all the designers just some of them :D ,and there is nothing wrong with what you are doing.

I suppose making an elven gown of silk with embroidery or something would be to tricky actually :)

I just meant it is a bit like entering Baywatch when you go to Renderosity sometimes,but hey if they are happy leave em to it :D

Stu.

dv8_fx

Retired Administrator

I didn't think of that, Erik. I thought it was her lying on her back in the background (see those twin peaks?)

True stu, this is closest we'll ever get to imagining handling the Baywatch girls, woowoo.

Sue, are you sure the gas wasn't smell from all that fish?

I agree with you guys about the boobie girls. Okay, we men could be turned on by endowed women but too big becomes a turn off. And maaaan, from an anatomical perspective, a melon would be shy compared to these poser girls.

From an artistic perspective, I find these creations may not serve well if used for real imagery work. The twin peaks dv8s the eye away from the whole work. ( I can imagine the thought of using them in Bryce to simulate hills and valleys :rofl:. What a mix ) Compare theirs with Naomi's, Cindy's or the other supermodels and you'll see that the digital Poser's are toooooo much. I don't think a real modelling agency would hire girls with "the big ones". I won't and never did.

As for me, I enjoy downloading and literally manhandling those "free" girls for use in discovering the secrets and potentials of Poser. But I really enjoy keeping those with the right looks in my vault for serios use. The fairy is one of them.

Sooooo, Ladies and Gentlemen, presenting two grown men playing house with dolls. Rick, when can you and I go out and play?

Hmmmm, I smell an interestingly potential challenge thread in the making here.

dvboobie8

dv8_fx

Retired Administrator

Oh yeh, Rick. Those wings are downloads from the Thorneworks site. There's a touched up version in renderosity, too. I used the wing texture map but changed the colors and highlight colors and raised the transparency setting in the render options. The scene was a mix of a river, forest and fake mushrooms for ambience.

vee

Erik

Guru

Rick, it was most certainly not my intention to critique your work and/or fun. I was just referring to what I personally find annoying at R. There is no way to go to a gallery of an artist if you don't know her/his exact name, and browsing through what's new is very, very time-consuming and also a real gumption trap.
See it like loving ice cream and having to eat untill you have a painful indigestion...
But I really don't think that any application is less good/imortant than another one. And also not that my taste is the best/the only one.
Also don't forget that I recently lost all my favourites and that I am trying to find some back...So if you have names (exact spelling please) of artists at R. you really find inspiring, I will most gladly take a look at their work.

Tron

Guru

Thanks Vee, I found some wings for Carly. I see you have that background pic as well.
Her is my Fairie waitng to play

Tron

Guru

Looks like someone else wants to play too he he

dv8_fx

Retired Administrator

Fancy prop. That's a nice pose, too. One thing I haven't gotten hold of is posing a character. For instance making the standing figure sit or bending the whole upper body without distorting it. Time is what I need here.

I'm on a download frenzy again at a unique site with characters you'll find interesting. I'll create a new fairy image and post tomorrow.

vee

dv8_fx

Retired Administrator

I didn't see that second one. Cute, haha :) . Hmm, I think I'll toss in a couple of fairies who want to play in that image. Yah, I think it will work on your image. I have to follow your lighting to match the scene.

vee

Erik

Guru

Her's one I did last year with a trial of Poser and Ultrafractal, and of course PS for blending.

Tron

Guru

That's really nice Erik, did you make the texture map yourself?
Very realistic :perfect:
That Ultrfractual sure does a nice job on the background

Anamacha

VERY nice, Erik!

sfm

Guru

nice pics guys
sfm

Tron

Guru

Here is one of my favorites
When I take another look at your pic Erik I like it even more, I think by desaturating the image a little as you did, it gives it a more realistic look than mine. What do you think?

I sure like that curtain backdrop - thanks to Rosebytes for posting it for us to use.

Erik

Guru

Rick, I suppose these are personal preferences. When painting, I charge every colour at its maximum, but in my opinion, digital work often can use some desat (even a lot of it can be beautiful) and also several layers with transparancy to build up a texture. The main prob of skin is that is is partly translucent.
The texture I painted was heavily based on pics I saw with textures by Stefania Zampini. The background fractal was heavily desaturated.
Furthermore, it's a question of feeling colours for me. Some go well together, some are opposing each other and some may even kill eachother. So I work on instinct and intuition. I never conciously "think" about a colour: I just let it happen, and see myself more as a (hope this word exists) cooperator than the source of what I make. I mean: water comes out of a source, but the source didn't make it.
About faces: the most difficult part are the eyes, simply because that's what we see most when we look at a human being/living creature. We search eye-contact. And there most digital characters fail. Often, the white is too white, and the shadow that is always cast by the upper eyelid and the lashes is forgotten. Also, eyes are always wet, and because of gravity, the tear liquid accumulates on the bottom line where the eyeball meets the bottom eyelid. They often forget that this too has a thickness, and that the lashes come out or the rim, not where the eyeball is. Ect, etc.

Still: I like your images. There's a lot of imagination in them and these little elves are cute. On my PC, your portrai is a little dark. But you are on a Mac, aren't you?

Another problem is lighting. Normally, a photographer uses at least three lights, one of those is a backlight, one strong from the left, and a softer one from the right. But in digital 3D, eight to then lights is normal. Most of those (spots) won't cast shadows, but can do a lot for the general atmosphere.

Ahhh...I could go on for days, but I have to paint now...

kiwi

Guru

Vee when you are having trouble posing your character spare a thought for the guy who had to bone it :D ....trust me it is one of the most boring things imaginable about 3D....my opinion :D

Do you mean the mesh is tearing when you pose the figure?

Stu.

Status
Not open for further replies.