What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

3D Quality: From Raster to Vector

jatna

My question is simple: if you use 3rd party software to convert a rasterized image file to a vector image file, will the resultant quality be good enough for commercial print media?

In this case, consider Illustrator to be off limits.

ibis

Power User
if it looks fine vectorised to you, i see no problem using it for whatever you want.

Janifar

Banned
I have converted a few raster images to vector with Inkscape and have found the result to be unpredictably good when scaled up in other cases, the result has looked blobby and weird. Also it depends on the distinctiveness of the photo factors as like contrast, depth of field or focus, general quality of the image. Even the subject objects a field of flowers, as example, may victories more contentedly than a portrait of a person.