What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

3D 3d show off room

G

Well done Ian :perfect:

I know someone in Holland who experienced WWII and she still says when she enters a room with a mess; "Did someone drop a V1 today?"
The V1's were targeted at London, but sometimes they had engine problems and would crash before reaching their target. That's why people in countries like Holland were looking for cover when they heard a V1 coming over with engine problems.

Later on, the Germans started to build the V2, that looked more like the rockets we know today. After the war, some German rocket engineers fled to Russia and some to the States. They were the brains behind the space programs they later developped. Werner von Braun for example was THE driving force in the US.

namvet

Power User
thanks Wendy (wbiss) and Gaussian ... btw G-man, one of the reasons the Animator program is 'small' is that the materials folder is empty, guess I'll just have to fill mine up :D

G

Oh, I see Namvet :)

But still, 1200+ KB, it's amazing. Not to mention that you don't need to install the program, just one single exe file! :shocked:

namvet

Power User
further progress report :)

wbiss

Guru
:perfect: Great stuff Ian! You're making incredibly fast progress with that software! :D Will have to check it out....one of these eons! :\

Alistair

Guru
HERE'S A VALUABLE QUESTION:

Great stuff you guys got going on here! Pov-ray is 3d, but it also sometimes can come out with products that are 2d? O btw, how the heck can you diffrenciate 2d from 3d, and what is a 1d if there's such a thing, and if there is, why the heck does my brother call all of my earlier photoshop stuff 2d, when it really looks, sorta flat to me?

S

Stroker1

Character I've been messing with for some friends of mine. This is basically the first rough draft. Four maps: colour, bump, specular level, and specular colour.

sfm

Guru
your amazing Stroker....... been watching all the work that you have done...... you must have heaps of patience! :perfect: well done
sfm

wbiss

Guru
[stuned] and this is a "rough draft"! Stroker, I can't wait to see the finished model! :perfect: [excited]

S

Stroker1

Well, to be honest, the model isn't entirely mine. This guy sent me a model with 33k faces. My job is to reduce that down to a usable number for a crowd scene. I've gotten down to under 1k faces. Could probably shave another 50 faces off.

I used Multi-Res to initially reduce the faces. Multi-Res left quite a mess. His face, shoulder, and feet got totally mangled. In the time it took me to clean it up, I could have modeled him from scratch. Well, cleaning somebody elses messy mesh is still a good thing to practice.

Fix the mesh, rig it, find bad geometry. Delete the rig, fix the geometry, rig again, find more bad geometry, et cetera. It's a vicious cycle.

A lot of the subtle details come from the textures. I started out by painting his muscles in black and white. Then I used that as a template for the bump and spec level maps. Looking pretty good around the shoulder and clavicle, which are the areas that I concentrated on.

When it's what you do, it's what you do. Might look hard to one person, but it's not to another. I call this "Catching Arrows". My woman can cook up a storm while I have a hard time with macaroni & cheese. Know what I mean?

Thanks for the comments, folks.

play.fiddle.learn

S

Stroker1

Thanks.

I thought about it a little more. I may have sounded snobby or unappreciative. I'm just having a hard time articulating a point. I'm having a hard time breaking it down to the essence. I don't know.

wbiss

Guru
Stroker:
I'm having a hard time breaking it down to the essence.
I hear you buddy... the best tasting meal is the one that somebody lovingly prepares for you! ;)

kiwi

Guru
Nice work Stroker :perfect: :perfect:

This my head wip I have been working on.

Stu.

wbiss

Guru
[stuned] Wow! Looks great Stu!

Geoff

absolutly brilliant STU ;) :D i love it!