What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

3D 3d show off room

kiwi

Guru
Thanks guys :D

Ya new neck Gauss,cut the old one off...mua haha ahahaaaha,off with his head! :rofl:

Stu.

Alistair

Guru
huh, what? wait. What prog. is this again? (soesn't look like poser or anything like that) [confused]

G

Alistair, you had the money for Photoshop didn't ya, well Cinema 4D is as expensive as Photoshop and you'll get the fastest render engine you can buy, the most user friendly interface and a rock-solid stabilty.
The company really listens to what users have to say and that shows in their updates.

I've tried so many 3D programs and Cinema 4D has the best all words.
The other programs are either not user-friendly, slow, resource hogs, expensive or have a company behind it that doesn't listen.

It's not without a reason that Maxon, the company behind the program went from place 14 to place 3 on the list of top 3D companies in the world and all in just 2 years ;)

Review: http://www.computerarts.co.uk/reviews/review.asp?id=889
Cinema 4D XL 8: http://www.maxon.net/index_e.html
Gallery: http://www.maxoncomputer.com/gallery_main.asp

Alistair

Guru
hmmm... sounds good. Ill buy it in a month or less. Im still needing to get dreamweaver too! Jese this is a real expensive hobbie and job, huh? :D

kiwi

Guru
Gaussian said:
Alistair you'll get the fastest render engine you can buy

Ooooh be careful where you quote that Gauss or you will find yourself in a flame war real quick :) Lightwaves renderer is pretty damn quick as is Brazil,Mental Ray etc,and a few others.Our C4D renderer is loosely based on Cebas Final Render,so ya it is pretty quick,but not the fastest.

Stu.

Alistair

Guru
download.php
hehehe, i mainly created this here for stroker, but also put it in the cannon fodder :D

namvet

Power User
just an update ... below (on the left) is a 'hand' made using a tutorial (yep the tute is a 3 fingered hand), and on the right is a new pair of hands which I made from scratch using what I call the Stroker principle (play, fiddle, learn) :rofl: :rofl: ... images made in anim8or, combined and cropped in PS and gif(ed) in IR :)

wbiss

Guru
Impressive progress namvet (Ian) with anim8tor! :perfect: :perfect:

kiwi

Guru
Nice going there Ian :perfect:

Ears and hands are something you might just learn to hate,I know I have even now a not so pleasant relationship with them,but I guess its just practise :D

More tweaked head,almost finished modelling,damn I am sick of saying that because I always find something else that needs tweaked further [stuned]

Stu.

Alistair

Guru
That shading you got there is very precise, you did a great job :perfect: :perfect: I see you smoothened the neck out a bit more or something? Very detailed.

wbiss

Guru
[stuned] Just awesome Stu! Very impressive work! :perfect: :D

namvet

Power User
Wendy (wbiss), Alistair, Kiwi ... thanks ... Kiwi wow, that's a lot of work!! .. very nice work .. I have an easy solution to the ears problem, for the next few days/months/years all of the heads I'll be doing will wear helmets (probably with mouth guard):rofl: :rofl: :rofl: .... [sly] that'll also save me having to learn about hair :D

kiwi

Guru
Thanks guys :perfect:

Ya I am getting close now.....I might have to add a body, [doh] now why did I go and say that :rofl:

Stu.

kiwi

Guru
namvet said:
Wendy (wbiss), Alistair, Kiwi ... thanks ... Kiwi wow, that's a lot of work!! .. very nice work .. I have an easy solution to the ears problem, for the next few days/months/years all of the heads I'll be doing will wear helmets (probably with mouth guard):rofl: :rofl: :rofl: .... [sly] that'll also save me having to learn about hair :D

Helmets with mouth guards :rofl: ...good one.

I like the ears I have now the only thng is sometimes you nice anatomical modelling completed and your lighting can make it look like Playdoh scuplted by Harry the chimp :D

Aaah hair,sorry hair is even worse then ears and hands :) Hair really requires a plugin called S&H {shave and a haircut} or Sasquatch or something similar.

Stu.

wbiss

Guru
namvet:I have an easy solution to the ears problem, for the next few days/months/years all of the heads I'll be doing will wear helmets (probably with mouth guard) .... that'll also save me having to learn about hair
:rofl: :rofl: I love your attitude/solution Ian!

Kiwi:Ya I am getting close now.....I might have to add a body, now why did I go and say that
Oh goody! Make it a body we "gurettes" can appreciate, Stu! :D ;\ :p