What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

3D 3d show off room

Vengent

I'm somewhat new to 3D modeling (I've been attempting to teach myself), and I thought I'd get opinions on what I've done so far. The skins were imported/created/altered in Photoshop. :cheesygrin: It's not finished yet either (especially the hair, which is taking foooorever)...but I'm always looking for ways to improve! Thanks!

geanna1_large.jpg

iDad

Guru
to me the lips look to be at a different angle than the rest (almost flat) perspective, maybe?

Burned Ice

Power User
the problem with me and autodesk 3Ds max is that i just can't model people i can't find tutorials on how to do it, i have learned that there exist 2 types but some guy said that i needed to view a video of a train modelling but that isn't the same is it?

Vengent

Definitely not a 'Poser 8' (which oddly enough I had never heard of) model. This was created/sculpted in zBrush. :p

Fairy

@Vengent:- looks great, I like the texture on the lips.

the problem with me and autodesk 3Ds max is that i just can't model people i can't find tutorials on how to do it, i have learned that there exist 2 types but some guy said that i needed to view a video of a train modelling but that isn't the same is it?
No, it's not. for modeling people, I prefer to use Maya. But many great human models can be made by 3Ds max .

Stanleys

Banned
the program is a great way for the public library to show off its resources and expose teens to the discipline of architecture..

MrToM

Guru
Oooooooeeerrrrrr, its a bit gloomy in here!
I'll try and breathe some life back into it then by 'Showing off' some of my stuff. All done in 3dsMax 2004-2013, Vray & good ole' PS.

Killer Crawler:
06_killer_krawler.jpgKK_30.jpg

RC Chopper:
RCC_43.jpgRCC_34.jpg

Tunnel:
Arch_finalrender.jpg

Gears:
Gear 01.jpg

PCB:
PCB_03.jpgPCB_C.jpg

GT40:
GT40_14.jpg:GT40_15.jpg

Snowspeeder:
SnowSpeeder 02.jpg

Pills:
Pills_01.jpg

Regards.
MrTom.

dv8_fx

Retired Administrator
This is an ancient thread... :eek: ...

I didn't know you do 3D, MrTom. Impressive.... I like the very first render image. Where these done recently or sometime back?

Too bad all the past images are gone from this thread. It would have been a good resurrected gallery.

Why not we move this to a new thread of its own.. maybe entitle it as.... 3D SHOW-OFF ROOM II (version2014)? ... for the current flock to participate and post their 3D work.....

MrToM

Guru
Thanks dv8_fx, yeah ancient indeed which is why I thought throwing my rubbish in here wouldn't matter too much! LOL

The first image is 2011 and the latest 'real' image I've produced.....haven't done anything [for fun] in a while as I actually got a proper job doing it full-time but still keep an eye on things.

I keep meaning to finish the RC Chopper off, the modelling is almost finished but its completely void of materials.....maybe that could be my next project for...

3D Show Off Room II...?

Sounds like a plan.

Regards.
MrTom.

Zeealex

Retired Forum Moderator
I like doing textures :p just putting that out there.

trust me, I'll show you what rubbish is :p

this is probably the best I've got at the moment still quite new to edge loop, I prefer splines, okay, maybe prefer isn't strong enough, I LOVE splines.

Isn't actually a render, was a progress shot for a Game mod WIP
fini.jpg

simple environment exercise, I'm working on this as I go, it's been mucked about with in photoshop a bit. :)
Enviro_unfinished2.jpg

Most of the others are college related, so I can't show them until the 14th of august.

but there's one I'm particularly proud of, nothing special, I just like it.

Obviously there's the concept sci fi scene as well which I'm still working on as well, and other projects mostly involving games such as Arma 3 and Ghost Recon

i'm glad there's a 3d sort of person in this place now, stick around homie.

Last edited:

MrToM

Guru
I like doing textures :p just putting that out there.
LOL...I'm more of a model person, its easier to see when you got it right!

I LOVE splines.
Splines are great, very versatile. The sides of the Killer Crawler and the Chopper are splines......drawn in PS and imported via an Ai file....what could be easier?

...but there's one I'm particularly proud of, nothing special, I just like it.
I look forward to seeing it.......in September.

Obviously there's the concept...
Ah yes, I remember seeing that......awesome stuff there, your skill with materials really shows in that first image.

i'm glad there's a 3d sort of person in this place now, stick around homie.
No worries. Once I get my 'PS Panel' project finished I'll be getting back into the 3D stuff....big time.

Regards.
mrTom.