What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

3D Edge 540 in 3ds, where to start?

Zeealex

Retired Forum Moderator
Hey guys, i'm going to ask this around on different sites, but i'll try here anyway. I'm looking at modelling an Edge 540 aircraft.
which is this one:
36781_1240311989.jpg

but i've never done anything to this level before, where would i start and how would i go about doing the modelling?

i'm competent with the line tool, and standard primitives. i just don't know how to apply them to this.
there is a three view schematic here:

fai%20edge%20540.jpg

Attachments

• 36781_1240311989.jpg
    36781_1240311989.jpg
    724.8 KB · Views: 1

chrisix

Guru
i would actually use model making software instead of photoshop

Zeealex

Retired Forum Moderator
Chris please take note, that this thread is in the 3d forum and in the title it says in 3ds, thanks ;)

galacticfan

Your first port of call should be to set up the reference sheets inside of 3ds and then you can use plane modelling to build it all up. If I remember correctly, cgtuts+ did a tutorial similar to this but instead they were modelling a car - the set up of the reference sheets might be worth watching.