What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

3D Modeling a basic 3d man like illustrations

dv8_fx

Retired Administrator
If I remember correctly , this was done in 3DMax. You need a 3d application to do these things. There's the free WINGS3D which you can try out.... http://www.wings3d.com/ ..... simple to use.

I know that model. Been around for some time. Let me check my archives to see if it was for free or for purchase.

I have a feeling you need this as a figure model for your graphic use and you may not be interested in 3D modeling as a whole. There are a few similar stick models around that you can download free. And applications you can use to import the model and pose it the way you want it.

Syed

Hi,
Actually I want to learn how to model this but need some basic tutorial about modeling this stick figure (as you say so).
Can you do a short tutorial for me in Word or PDF format or even better if Camtasia based screen capture. To pose it, would it require bone setup also or just model.

For the time being, appreciate if you could send me link from where I can download similar model for learning purpose. Can I use 3ds Max biped with this. I have 3ds Max 6 that I am learning these days.

Syed

If I remember correctly , this was done in 3DMax. You need a 3d application to do these things. There's the free WINGS3D which you can try out.... http://www.wings3d.com/ ..... simple to use.

I know that model. Been around for some time. Let me check my archives to see if it was for free or for purchase.

I have a feeling you need this as a figure model for your graphic use and you may not be interested in 3D modeling as a whole. There are a few similar stick models around that you can download free. And applications you can use to import the model and pose it the way you want it.

dv8_fx

Retired Administrator
Stick model was just a term I used to describe it... lol

I'm also learning 3d modeling myself. But use a program called POSER which uses importable 3d models to do 3d scenery. My avatar lizard superimposed into Green Lantern is an example.

Unfortunately, I don't have that particular model. It's called the white human stickman and purchasable at Turbo Squid for 75 bucks.... ouchhh...

You can try foundation3d.com in their free Resources section. You have to register to download.

As for tutorials.... its not like the model above, but you may learn or get something out of this.... http://www.polygonblog.com/

galacticfan

Hi there,
If you're wanting to quickly model this figure, you could try a program called sculpturis? In fact, if you have an ipad, you could even download forger. What you'd want to do then is to export it as a .obj file and then import into 3ds max. If you want to rig it, you could use the 3ds max biped and then skin the model so that it could be posed.
If you're looking for quick generation of models of humans, I suggest that you check out 'Makehuman'.