What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

3D Free Renderman software

MrToM

Guru
Shame it doesn't included 3dsMax, I'd have given that a go.

Thanks for the heads up though, appreciated.

Regards.
MrTom.

IamSam

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Shows what I know..........I thought Maya was an industry leader.

Zeealex

Retired Forum Moderator
Shows what I know..........I thought Maya was an industry leader.

it is, but it's a terrible one, I'm not sure if its because I started on 3dsm but Maya is just so unintuitive, I was able to pick up 3dsm almost instantly and started creating and modifying models. quite easily
but Maya, all of the important icons are image based with barely any explanation as to what it does or what it is exactly, selecting a mesh is a pain in the backside because of this silly right click gesture radial. I can't select a mesh by just freaking clicking it anymore!
Maya has a powerful renderer, but 3dMax, to me is FAR superior.

Lamar Hood

In the movie industry most artists prefer to use Maya because of the advanced animation and effects tools (Thus the big hype for maya):rolleyes:. Unless you work for Pixar they got their own program for you to learn:devilish:. As for 3DS Max architects and engineers use it because it works well with AutoCad and other Autodesk tools. Now if you make video games it doesn’t matter just get the job done lol.:yourock: I love C4D (Cinema 4D) And I use Octane Render. In school tho I use Maya(I thought it was the lost civilization as well lol) and 3Ds Max. Now despite them both being owned by the same brand Autodesk, are equally good in my opinion its just a matter of what user interface you prefer. I will say this tho 3Ds Max is defiantly user friendly that’s why its easy to learn. As for Maya yeah….if you don’t have a teacher you'll be lost (in my opinion) but that’s what sites like photoshopguru and google are for to find tutorials ;D.:google:

Last edited:

iDad

Guru
Maya intrude and say get back on subject:mrgreen:

ALB68

Dear Departed Guru and PSG Staff Member
What the heck are you guys talking about? Low tech here living in a high tech world :banghead: