What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

3D Phase 1 Clone Trooper (WIP)

Zeealex

Retired Forum Moderator
I decided to set myself the challenge of following a concept, getting ready for what uni and a potential career would be like should I do 3d Modelling.

The Phase 1 clone trooper for those who are unaware, is the clone variation you see in Star Wars Episode II: Attack of the Clones

They look like this:
phase-1-clone-battle1.jpg

This is the first part of my project, so far its going well, just a shame the poly flow isn't great (it needs quadrifying)

Render (one side-cloned and mirrored)
clone_trooper_1_2_by_zeealex-d8b97j8.jpg

in-view with edged faces (one side only)

poly_flow_by_zeealex-d8b97wz.jpg

the only really big issues that stand out to me in terms of accuracy, is the 'fin' probably needs to be slightly wider, and the visor needs pulling down a bit.

any problems with accuracy that you see so far?

I'll update this thread as and when I make good progress.

The polygon count needs to remain pretty low as the model is to be game-ready so the visor probably won't be smooth as butter unless I want to risk problems. thankfully the target engine isn't very "picky" so long as degenerate faces are dealt with and the polygon count is reasonable, it's normally fine.

Comments welcome! :D

Dreamers

Guru
Very nice creation Z :thumbsup:

I did a few attempts with 3D, but I always get dizzy with the programs lol
Thanks for sharing too .. : )