What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Zeealex

Retired Forum Moderator
While looking through my 3D folder during a spring clean, I stumbled upon a very old model I did of a Barrett M107, it was shoddy at best but still held up.

I remodelled it using the knowledge I have now, and textured it up, popped it into a little scene on top of a weapon box and rendered.

this was the result:

screen20_by_zeealex-d9f72hm.png

technically, it's a much better piece of geometry. Artistically, it's still a heavy WIP, so I'd appreciate feedback on where to go next.

do I add some clutter in the background?
maybe drape a flag or camo net over the weapon box?
any camo variations you would like to see for the gun itself?

IamSam

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Very nice Zee.

Have you ever shot one? They are a blast to shoot! And that's not meant to be punny.

Jessicayla

Hoopy Frood
Some digital tan camo would look awesome on the gun itself, along with a camo net over the weapon box. You've done a great job.

I love how far you've come! I remember seeing some of your first posts here :D

Zeealex

Retired Forum Moderator
Very nice Zee.

Have you ever shot one? They are a blast to shoot! And that's not meant to be punny.

haha, thanks sam! the highest calibre I've fired is 7.62mm, that was from an L96 down range, I'd love to try a Barrett, but gun laws in Britain are very strict, you can legally buy a .50 Barrett M95 in this country, however I believe the M82 and M107 are prohibited or at least very restricted due to their current military use.

Some digital tan camo would look awesome on the gun itself, along with a camo net over the weapon box. You've done a great job.

I love how far you've come! I remember seeing some of your first posts here :D

digital tan sounds awesome! i can try to do a camo net, it would be a challenge but hey! why not?!

thanks! i've moved to a different art medium that i'm more comfortable with, it's helped quite a lot! :D

Eggy

Retired Moderator
Wow, the second one looks like a photography in a weapons magazine.
:thumbsup:

Zeealex

Retired Forum Moderator
Started daydreaming on the rendering program a couple of days ago, snapped these
screenshot020_by_zeealex-d9z1czw.png
view_to_a_kill_by_zeealex-d9z1d9o.jpg

the uniform, gloves, vests and helmets were by a couple of good friends of mine. the heads were modified from a head model by bohemia interactive, the Barrett, scope and DSR 1 obvs done by me.

The second image was a superimposed onto an actual photo, just for fun.

lemme know whatcha think!

Eggy

Retired Moderator
What can I say?
The gun was/is perfect (dropped out of a magazine) also the uniforms (I like the fabrics) and combined with a suitable correctly lit background I can only dream of doing something like this.
:thumbsup:

Excellent results in both images. Great details wherever I look!
Congrats to these jobs Zeealex.

Zeealex

Retired Forum Moderator
thanks guys! anything composition wise you think could be improved? treat it like I'm taking a photo of action figures, I can pose them in any way possible.
right now i think it looks a little flat and lacks action, what do you guys think?

Pearlie

That's amazing work! I like the gun with the snakeskin texture and more rough metal. What program did you use?