What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

3D 3D Fantasy Items

gedstar

Guru
That's really cool Chris :thumbsup: not sure if it was your intent but 2 of the objects on the right hand side look as if they are floating.

Untitled.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks for your feedback Ged, I appreciate it.

I did it intentionally , no coincidence.
That's what I like in these creations, I'm free to show "unreal things".
The little white sphere is also floating.

peta62

Guru
Very nice Chris, so the idea as the design and execution.

I am just wondering why is there wave in reflection on the largest sphere. Or is it not a sphere ?

peta62

Guru
That's how a square or rectangular table is reflected on a sphere.

Yes, I agree, in case there is a corner. But in the reflection it seems the bullet ( sorry if I misinterpret the object ) points into the corner, so I should see at least an edge in the lower right corner of the picture, correct ?

Eggy

Retired Moderator
Fantasy1renderFinal1700.jpg

The green lines are pointing towards the corners of the table. And because it's a sphere there are no straight lines but curves between the corners.
The red lines are showing the position of the bullit.

Thanks Eggy for your explanation. What you show with the green and red lines is correct.

And thanks for the kind words. You're right, I think shiny objects are just awesome.

peta62

Guru
Eggy - I admit it is many years since I had geometry at school, so I may miss something. I was thinking those two green lines should be its reflection and since one ( reflection ) points to the ( reflection ) corner the other should point to the real corner.

Fantasy1renderFinal1700.jpg

I think it needs some exact points to measure where exactly they are in 3D. I tried to point out one corner of the table, the only which I think we can ( without constructing the 3D space ) draw exactly.

Fantasy1renderFinal1700_2.jpg

I know this was computed by PS 3D engine, so I suppose it should be correct. Am I missing something ?

peta62

Guru
Eggy & chrisdesign - please understand me, I love the picture, I am just asking something I do not understand and it cannot take anything from impression of beauty this picture made on me.

Eggy

Retired Moderator
@Eggy - I admit it is many years since I had geometry at school, so I may miss something. I was thinking those two green lines should be its reflection and since one ( reflection ) points to the ( reflection ) corner the other should point to the real corner.

View attachment 61784

I think it needs some exact points to measure where exactly they are in 3D. I tried to point out one corner of the table, the only which I think we can ( without constructing the 3D space ) draw exactly.

View attachment 61785

I know this was computed by PS 3D engine, so I suppose it should be correct. Am I missing something ?

Well I don't know how big the 'table' was before Chris turned it into a 3D object and placed it in the scene.
I suppose the computer remembers the size outside the picture's bounderies.

peta62

Guru
chrisdesign - thank you, so the bullet really points to the corner of the table. I think the edge cannot be seen because it is darkened there. Now I understand it completely. Plus it is very interesting to see the whole scene how it was created. Thank you very much.