What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

3D Steampunk Gentleman Fragrance

IamSam

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Chris, I have no questions or critiques other than it may be a bit too dark. It your usual excellent work! Love the incorporation of the Top Hat. Great Job!

Argos

Guru
I like it, no critiques either, only as a personal opinion, maybe a change of style, always look like futuristic 50`s. hope is understandable with my english XD.

Cheers!

Hoogle

Guru
I have to say I like your work, but I would prefer it with a bit more realistic looking textures and looks. I by all means get the steampunk style but I feel your software if it is photoshop lets you down on render quality, maybe it is time you move onto a proper 3d software.

not mocking your work or meaning to copy it but this only took me 10 mins to do in C4D and by all means I know the textures and lighting are way off but the point is to show some realism, and trust me once you play with those 2 features you can get photo realism in no time.

chris.jpg

Eggy

Retired Moderator
I love it Chris!
Try to render one with semi transparacy. (Of the glass of course)

Last edited:
Thank you guys for all your comments and suggestions. Always much appreciated.
IamSam
It is actually a bit too dark, though I like muted colors.
Argos
I like the Steampunk, and I'm proud that I could cultivate my own look up to this level.
Hoogle
I think you're right. Maybe it's time to move on to a "real" 3D program. But the downside is I can't afford it at the moment.
gedstar
Thank you.
Eggy
The surface is not glass Eggy, it's a tin can. Just the round window is supposed to be glass.

Thanks again for the kind words.
Regards
Chris

Hoogle

Guru
@Hoogle
I think you're right. Maybe it's time to move on to a "real" 3D program. But the downside is I can't afford it at the moment.

maybe not an all singing and dancing program but you can use https://www.blender.org/download/ which is free and highly rated, if you have Adobe creative cloud CC then you get cinema 4d lite within it through after effects.

what takes 15 mins to render in PS will take seconds in 3d programs depending on options and settings you chose with a lot more customization options

Pearlie

I like it. Not sure the font is very steampunky though. Cool 'brass goggles', tophat cap and love the name.

Thanks Pearlie for your comment, I appreciate it.
Since the name is french, I choose this elegant and "very french looking" font on purpose.