What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

3D The Green Cube

Eggy

Retired Moderator
Nice exercise Chris!
The cubes are looking from corroded copper.
I assume you made the rivets.
The rock background texture looks very nice. I don't think it is possible to make it pop out so good in PS 3D.

Nice exercise Chris!
The cubes are looking from corroded copper.
I assume you made the rivets.
The rock background texture looks very nice. I don't think it is possible to make it pop out so good in PS 3D.

Thanks for your feedback Eggy. I appreciate it.
The rivets are from cg textures.com

Nieten auf Blech.jpg

MrToM

Guru
...Thanks very much MrTom...
No worries.

Its an odd one as although its under the preferences it gives the impression it's just for 'text'....whereas in reality it's for the UI as well.

I had another go with Blender and its certainly changed over the years. Its quite incredible just how much is included, feature-wise its on a par with some of the high end 3D software.....just amazing.

I can now better appreciate your earlier struggle with it too....its very keyboard shortcut oriented.

Anyway, looks like you are getting on OK...I hope you intend to keep going with it.

Regards.
MrToM.

MrToM
I could change the language to german with no problem, though it feels kind of strange how they translated all the english terms.
I'm almost back to square 1. I think it's easier to go on with the english version.

Anyway, it' s a very fascinating program as you mentioned, almost scary extensive.

MrToM

Guru
Oh right...I was just going on your statement...

Only it's a damn long and hard way to this goal. (Blender is only in english)

You made it sound as if Blender was only in English. :rofl:

So its not the same translated then? That must make it twice as difficult.

Extensive is a good description but unfortunately the way its been implemented isn't as good as other software....why is everything buried so you can never find it? LOL

I've watched a few videos too and the mind just boggles at how many keyboard shortcuts and mouse clicks are involved for the simplest of tasks.....but, you can't complain when its free.

I'll keep an eye out for any German language tutorials although by the sounds of it you've probably seen all there is already.

Regards.
MrToM.

There are a lot of german tutorials, some of them very good for beginners like me. That's how I started anyway. I would have been lost without them.
And yes, silly me, I just thought Blender is an english program, because I tried a few times to download a german version of it. No success!

Eggy

Retired Moderator
Chris, I know Blender is taking most of your time now but don't forget to present us a nice steampunk project now and then!

By the way, I always did installed the English version of my graphic programs (CorelDraw-PS-ect) just because of the tutorials.

Last edited:

inkpad.t

Guru
Hi ..... Like what you did there Chris, Played around with Blender for a while, but couldn't seem to get the hang of it without throwing out the teddy,, wouldn't mind having another try with it... but i found the tutorials were in some cases out dated, spent too much time looking for some tuts and lost Interest in it, dos anyone know a good site to good tutorials on blender , especially Modelling tuts ?.

Thanks.