What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

3D "Deserter Buggy"

My brother bought this beach buggy in 1969 from the US company "Deserter" and imported it to Switzerland.

After almost 50 years, he completely restored this vehicle.
A few weeks ago I took some nice shots of it, and this is how it looks today. An eyecatcher wherever he goes.
DSCN Buggy.jpg
In December he is now celebrating his 70th birthday.
And for this special occasion, and because he is also a bit of a Steampunk fan, I created this picture as a gift for him.
Deserter Buggy Factory 1700.jpg
The factory background image is BLENDER work.
In doing so, I tried to make the perspective as accurate as possible to the car photo.
The rest is Photoshop work.

As always, I greatly appreciate your critique, your comments or your suggestions.

gedstar

Guru
Chris as usual looks amazing :thumbsup:

That's one hell of a restoration, can't believe it took him 50 years to do the restore maybe you should teach how to use PS :rofl:

Ah just kidding of course, looks amazing and well worth the effort, would love to see the beach buggy prior to restore

Thanks very much for your comment Ged.
Yes, good idea, I have to ask him for old fotos of this car. I just remember it was of a blue color.

Eggy

Retired Moderator
That's a perfect combination Chris. :thumbsup:

A perfect restoration with a perfect building.

But you know me, there's something 'buggy' me :)cheesygrin:) and thats the lack of contactshadow on the tyres.
It makes the vehicle almost 'floating'.
I struggle all the time with shadows myself. But you see the kind of shadow BLENDER makes on the base of the building making the building sticky to the ground.
The tyres have no such shadow.

shadow no.jpg with shadow --> shadow yes.jpg

I added a very small slightly blurred shadow near the tyres.
Its just a detail...

But again, very nice work Chris!

Thanks very much for your comment Eggy, always much appreciated.
Your suggestion to add a "contact shadow" is a good one. I'll add it before I have the image printed.