What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

3D 3D typography Fall

Eggy

Retired Moderator
Thanks Ged!

I would do more 3D in PS if the render times were not so long (I know chrisdesign, Blender is the right tool)...:cheesygrin:

Mind you, I use 3D for small stuff in my other composites but then I select only the part that needs rendering.

Try one yourself Ged, sometimes the result is very satisfying but patience is required...:biglaff:

IamSam

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Great concept and execution on this comp Eggy! The black cloud is a bit thready and could be a bit more significant and ominous otherwise a fantastic job!

Eggy

Retired Moderator
Thanks Chris.
I was looking for 3D typography artwork and stumbled on a drawing like this.
I said to myself, lets see if we can do this in PS.

Eggy

Retired Moderator
Thanks Sam.

Yes, I think that the raincloud is a bit 'petit' too.
I'll change the size and make it more dominant.

You did probably noticed that the shadows are not aligned.
The letters although seem to be aligned well but its an optical illusion.
To drop from one letter into the next I had to shift with the position of the letters.
Like I said, at first glance the letters seem nicely aligned, but PS 3D has no mercy, its putting the shadows accordingly to the real position of the letters.
I realised that whilst rendering.
I first intented to disable the shadows and add them manually after the render but the original size of my canvas is 5000 X 3500 px at 300 ppi and the rendertime estimate was almost 5 hours.
I just continued rendering like the original was.

PS should do something about those render times...:biglaff:

Thanks Chris.
I was looking for 3D typography artwork and stumbled on a drawing like this.
I said to myself, lets see if we can do this in PS.

Yes. I know the drawings from Lex Wilson. They can be very inspiring.