What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

3D 3D Typography 4M @ See

Eggy

Retired Moderator
This is an experiment to create my own made sea in 3D and make it interact with another 3D object.

Except the lamps (3D object from Archive 3D) everything is made in PS 3D. The extra waves, water spatter and clouds are brushes.
It's an experiment and I'll have to fine tune the method!

3D Typography M4 at See.png

Here's how to use depht maps to create the sea: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B8b-TltsA4c

Last edited:

gedstar

Guru
Look amazing Eggy :thumbsup: so I'm afraid to ask but what was the render time for this

P.S. not so sure about the grey sky BG

Eggy

Retired Moderator
Thanks Ged!

Don't know the render time, I clicked render when I went to bed yesterday night and PS was not ready with calculating the render time so actually I have no idea. :shocked:

I see now I forgot to add an hue/saturation layer to make the sky a bit blue/grey.

Here's the correct version

3D Typography M4 at See.png

Last edited:
A really brilliant concept, that you processed to a eyecatcher of an image.
Great combination of 2D and 3D techniques and brushes.

I agree with Ged about the sky, I personally would color it a very dark blue like the sea.

Eggy

Retired Moderator
Thanks Chris!

BTW, I added the corrected version in my post #3.

I know you're not much in with PS 3D and usely I use it for small stuff when adding in a composite.
I thought 'what is that depht map actually'?
Everytime I created one with a random image I got spikes and it never crossed my mind that I could reduce the depht.
I started to Google the use of depht maps and I learned, again. (I'll never will have the time to know it all :cheesygrin:)

I assume there's something similar in Blender?

Thanks Chris!

BTW, I added the corrected version in my post #3.

I know you're not much in with PS 3D and usely I use it for small stuff when adding in a composite.
I thought 'what is that depht map actually'?
Everytime I created one with a random image I got spikes and it never crossed my mind that I could reduce the depht.
I started to Google the use of depht maps and I learned, again. (I'll never will have the time to know it all :cheesygrin:)

I assume there's something similar in Blender?

Hi Eggy,
Yes , you can create depth maps with blender, though it was never necessary to use one for my creations yet.
It is still too complicated for me, because it involves several render passes for the desired effect.

Basically it is to simulate a reduced "depth of field" in an image, like if you would use a telephoto-lens on your camera with open aperture.
I remember that I tried it out on some 2D PS images using a depth mask. Here is a written Tutorial about how it works.

https://www.psdbox.com/tutorials/photoshop-depth-maps-realistic-depth-of-field

I'm not sure if this is what you looking for?
Or do you want to create a landscape form an image?

Regards Chris.

Eggy

Retired Moderator
No Chris, I'm just exploring depth and bump maps and see where they can be useful for my work.

Last edited: