What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

3D HIGH/LOW 3D Typography

Eggy

Retired Moderator
Thanks Ged!

Now I'm going to start with the more challenging ones.
I hope I can do them with PS 3D.

Eggy

Retired Moderator
Thanks Tom!

Well I said 'I hope' but I think I'm not going to get a complex supermulti layered 3D thing done in PS.
PS has already the hiccups while doing the 'normal' stuff.

I'll get there (real 3D) Tom, scouts honor...

MrToM

Guru
...I'll get there (real 3D) MrToM, scouts honour...

I know mate, I know. :thumbsup:

There aren't that many people interested in 3D so I sprinkle my encouragement on those that are when I can.

Regards.
MrToM.

IamSam

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Another extremely cool 3D effect.

I like the fact that in the original drawing, the two words are separated by the surface giving the appearance they're independent of each other but elevated and lowered in the same plane. The effect is accented by the tail of the G.

In the 3D rendering, the words/letters are connected. While it's an awesome effect, it looks as though the two words were stamped out of the surface material and then rotated. It's still an incredible effect and I'm 100% impressed!

Eggy

Retired Moderator
Thanks Sam!

Well actually the two words are stamped out of the background and at first I tried to have some spacing between the two words but when rotated it gave an awkward look.
That space in between the two words was tilted too since the two words are one layer.
So I had to weld the two words together and roteted the layer just on the joint.

Maybe I could try another version with the two words separately but not now, did already too much of that stuff in the last days...

MrToM

Guru
Bit confusing there Sam eh?

I'd say that Eggy does have them on the same plane, and the original doesn't.

Is it physically possible to separate the letters and keep them on the same plane?
Wouldn't they have to touch at some point?

Both pretty cool whatever.

Regards.
MrToM.

Eggy

Retired Moderator
When not exactly on the same plane and separate words you'll end up like this, with a small flat piece of background between the letters.

Untitled-2.jpg

IamSam

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Bit confusing there Sam eh?

I'd say that Eggy does have them on the same plane, and the original doesn't.
Sorry for the confusion, I didn't explain myself well.

I agree that in the original drawing the two words are not on the same plane...........my bad. They are on separate planes at the the same angle with different heights. Make sense now?