What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

3D First test project in Blender

Eggy

Retired Moderator
First :shocked: my, my...

Just to let you folks now I'm still alive and kicking but I had two hard days in my first steps in Blender...

I was fed up with using cubes and globes and the rest of the presets so I tried something a bit more challenging.

Here's the result.

A filigree test 2png.png

Still a lot of mistakes (the object doesn't seem to touch ground).

I actually cheated because i still had the png from my PS 3D project and I used it to extrude it in PS 3D and exported it as a .DAE file that I could import in Blender ect...

One things for sure, I did not had the time to get up my seat and 'it' was already rendered.

Enough for today; my eyes hurt...:biglaff:

IamSam

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
One things for sure, I did not had the time to get up my seat and 'it' was already rendered.

Yep! Makes a huge difference when your using software that's much more suited for 3D!

Looks great! Can't wait to see what you will be able to do with Blender.

Eggy

Retired Moderator
Thanks Sam!

Baby steps...

I don't wanna make the mistake wanting to go too fast and getting disappointed.

Eggy

Retired Moderator
Thanks Chris!

Like I said, first the basic actions, again and again, with the provided cubes etc to establish some kind of routine.

Then expand it to lights, shadows and reflections.

I wasn't ready to compose my own objects (my next point of interest) so as a distraction I went back to PS and I remembered that you can export a 3D file in .DAE format without rendering. Thats what I did with the png letter A filigree. Made an extrusion and without rendering saved it as an DAE. I then could import it in Blender, give it color, light and reflections and of course a ground plane.
Is it cheating? I don't know, it could be useful and good to know.