What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

3D Blender Stainless Steel

Eggy

Retired Moderator
Another test in Blender...

Chain links.png

Beside repeating the same actions I tried on my own to explore Blender.

Sometimes it went well and sometimes it was a desaster...:bangdesk:

PS: the Stainless steel stamp on the middle chain link is PS...:mrgreen:

Eggy

Retired Moderator
Thanks Ged!

I must admit that rendered works in Blender seem to look more realistic then in PS 3D.
I'm glad having PS so I can come and relax a bit in PS after a Blender session...:shocked:

IamSam

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Very nice Lambert!

I love 3D, it's one thing that attracted me to digital programs. Phtoshop's 3D was always disappointing for me so I guess I'm going to have to try blender myself.

Eggy

Retired Moderator
Thanks Sam!

Yes Blender is worth switching to but brace yourself because there's absolutely nothing to relate to PS 3D...
It is new from the beginning and somewhat a shock!

Keep in mind going slowly and practise the beginners actions again and again.

IamSam

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Thanks Sam!

Yes Blender is worth switching to but brace yourself because there's absolutely nothing to relate to PS 3D...
It is new from the beginning and somewhat a shock!

Keep in mind going slowly and practise the beginners actions again and again.

Yes, I was afraid of that! I don't mind learning a completely new program............a new challenge!

IamSam

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Looks great Ged!

Are there plenty of online tutorials to help a person get started?

gedstar

Guru
Sam I actually signed up to Lynda.com so working on Blender Essential Training from there

P.S. that monkey head is a standard mesh that comes with Blender, I'm just taking baby steps at the moment, it's a bit of a shock to the system :shocked:

Eggy

Retired Moderator
Keep that tutorial Ged so you can get back when you lost the 'basics'! :thumbsup:

Excellent work Eggy!
Wonderful lighting. Shadows, highlights, background, the whole scene looks real to me.