What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

3D Blender Rubik Cube

Eggy

Retired Moderator
:shocked:
I started manipulating objects mesh and I wanted to put a rounded bevel on a cube.
Using edge select and vertex select it took me one and a half day to put a rounded bevel on a cube.
What's the problem you would say? The intersections of the corners, that was a huge problem that made me start all over again and again.
When I finally managed it I saved the rounded cube as an .obj to use it to make this:

Rubic Cube.jpg

Please do comment...
Meanwhile I'll have a cup of coffee and reflect on why I did started with this...:eek:

gedstar

Guru
Nice result Lambert :thumbsup:

I feel your pain, I've been doing plenty of restarts myself :shocked:

With some of this :banghead: loads of this :bangdesk:but when you finally get to the end and see the result there's lots of this :giggle:

Last edited:

Eggy

Retired Moderator
Thanks Ged!

Yep, there's a lot to learn and a whole new ball game, nothing to relate to PS.
The principle though is the same as with PS, practice, practice and then some more practice...

Eggy

Retired Moderator
Yes I could have Ged, but I'm in the process of learning how to manipulate a shape via edge and vertex select.

I actually took the hard way to do it just to learn...:cheesygrin:

One day I'll have to know this when starting manipulating more complex shapes.

Last edited:

Eggy

Retired Moderator
Oh yeah :shocked:

That's why I did skip the presets and started right into edge-vertex and face manipulation.

A good idea? Not sure but eventually I'll have to learn that too...

Sometimes I still do tutorials just to get the hang of it. (If thats even possible :cheesygrin:)

The final image looks very convincing Eggy.
A tough job for you...but a perfect result!:thumbsup:

Eggy

Retired Moderator
Thanks Chris!

Hats off for you for ever starting with Blender.
I know its only 15 days but I feel I've aged a year.
Ah well, sometimes the result is nice and therefore rewarding...

Eggy

Retired Moderator
Thanks Chris.

Practise ect... but a day has only 24 hrs!

I'm sure after a certain time it'll be less exiting to create images with Blender, and you'll find your own rythm in this matter.
I personally tend to drift back to PS lately.