What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

3D Blender - using PNG's Alpha channel nodes

Eggy

Retired Moderator
In PS 3D I knew how to wrap a PNG around a 3D object leaving only the PNG material visible so I needed to find out how to do it in Blender. (I overdid the floor texture a bit but that wasn't my main concern...)

Alpha Channel exercise.png

Oops, forgot to add a link to the tutorial. This is only how to use PNG's but I when further and wrapped the PGN around...https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AdrFMEgNgF4

Last edited:

Eggy

Retired Moderator
Thanks Ged, I'm still learning piece by piece...

I know you're very busy but you should try some little stuff, it's gratifying...

You can combine it with PS as in the free request I did today with the guys on the steel beam. I couldn't find a fitting beam so I quickly made one in Blender...

Last edited:
In PS 3D I knew how to wrap a PNG around a 3D object leaving only the PNG material visible so I needed to find out how to do it in Blender. (I overdid the floor texture a bit but that wasn't my main concern...)

View attachment 74256

Oops, forgot to add a link to the tutorial. This is only how to use PNG's but I when further and wrapped the PGN around...https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AdrFMEgNgF4

Very interesting! Thanks for showing here Lambert.

fredfish

Guru
Looks great Eggy!

I am curious. If the .png contains parts that are only partially transparent (lets say 20%) does this produce a semi see through effect in the render?

Cheers

John

IamSam

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Very cool effect Lambert! I like the floor texture. (I had wondered where that beam came form LOL!!)

I have always loved these types of 3D effects. Now that things are slowing down a bit maybe I can get into Blender.

Eggy

Retired Moderator
Looks great Eggy!

I am curious. If the .png contains parts that are only partially transparent (lets say 20%) does this produce a semi see through effect in the render?

Cheers

John

Thanks John, and honestly I have no idea. I'll have to look into it.

Eggy

Retired Moderator
Thanks Chris, just exploring the possibilities...

Eggy

Retired Moderator
Very cool effect Lambert! I like the floor texture. (I had wondered where that beam came form LOL!!)

I have always loved these types of 3D effects. Now that things are slowing down a bit maybe I can get into Blender.

Thanks Sam,

Maybe that PS 3D has that possibility too but I never got that far.

I'm certain that with PS 3D you could not obtain that level of realism.

You should have a go at Blender but be aware and prepared for a shock. The interface is nothing like PS 3D.

fredfish

Guru
Now that really opens up creative possibilities. Thanks for the detective work! :thumbsup:

Cheers

John