What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

3D Blender 3D typography - S

IamSam

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Very nice work Lambert! Looks like a photo!

Eggy

Retired Moderator
Thanks guys.

And yes Sam, that kind of realisme can only be achieved by using a real 3D program, and experimenting with the light because in fact the objects are the easy part.

You really should give it a try Sam, its worth doing it and very rewarding...

Last edited:

gedstar

Guru

Don't forget the frustration, what the hell is going on, why did that happen and ah jayus have to start that all over again :rofl:

Last edited:

Eggy

Retired Moderator
Nah, just the first ten years while using Blender...:cheesygrin:

Adobe products sometimes are also working in mysterious ways...:biglaff:

Again an excellent job!
Still I would take care of the burned out highlights and the too dark blacks.
By moving the light source diagonally from left to right, you'll get a improved render.

Eggy

Retired Moderator
I used an 'area' light set at 3 X 4 x 1000 in position 1.
If I understand well you suggest I move the light into position 2?
I'll see what that gives.

3D Typography S light.jpg

Note: I played already with the light. For me a scene doesn't have to be lit evenly. I like a combination with bright and dark areas.

Lambert

Last edited:

IamSam

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Thanks guys.

And yes Sam, that kind of realisme can only be achieved by using a real 3D program, and experimenting with the light because in fact the objects are the easy part.

Blender is on my list of things to learn. Right now, my offline life is demanding more attention than usual, but it will get better soon and I can give Blender a try. I really do like 3D and realism.

I used an 'area' light set at 3 X 4 x 1000 in position 1.
If I understand well you suggest I move the light into position 2?
I'll see what that gives.

View attachment 75278

Note: I played already with the light. For me a scene doesn't have to be lit evenly. I like a combination with bright and dark areas.

Lambert

Yes, I guess this should get a better result, gaining details in the black parts and the white parts.

Eggy

Retired Moderator
Or I could use two 'area' lights in an arc, the first one 500 strong and the second one, slightly higher and closer about 250 strong to prevent the burn out in the white part below.

I'll try that one too;

Thanks Chris.