What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

3D Blender 3D Typography - JR

Eggy

Retired Moderator
Thanks Ged.
I started with a cylinder set at the right depht, knife project to remove the center and just keeping a quarter.

IamSam

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Like you I really like creative 3D typography! Excellent work Lambert!

Eggy

Retired Moderator
Thanks Sam.

It was a brainteaser at first and the finishing touch could be better but for me its like breaking a code; once done the message isn't important anymore...

Eggy

Retired Moderator
Thanks Chris.

Well, I made a cylinder at the right depht, used knife project to cut out the center leaving an open circle.
Then I deleted everything except a quarter of that circle. I filled the open space with faces. Made a copy of that circle to use in the other bends (I still don't know how to make those the right way.)
With that part I started to compose.
Extruding the ends, using a copy of the bends and so on...

It took me some time to get it too...

Last edited:

Eggy

Retired Moderator
Great work Chris!

All you have to do is contemplate an existing work and reflect on how to do it with the techniques you know.
I give you a hint, you did the rest.
I'm sure that you would eventually figure out how to do it...:thumbsup:

Thanks Lambert.
I started with a plane, extruded it, and applied 'Spin' to get a 90 degree bend. I used the same technique, when I created my bend pipes.
Still, this was not an easy job at all.

Eggy

Retired Moderator
Thats a different approach I'll have to try myself. :thumbsup:

But its fun (and sometime irritating) to 'crack the code' after looking at the example for the first time and thinking 'how am I going to do this?'.

Eggy

Retired Moderator
Variation on the theme.

Cleaned up and welded the double vertices, removed the inside faces and made it from glass:

3D Typography - JR Glass.jpg

Eggy

Retired Moderator
Thanks Chris.

Since I used a different method as you (stitching the curbes and straight parts together) I had to remove the 'double vertices' and remove the inside faces since they show when using glass material.