What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

3D Blender 3D PSG logo

gedstar

Guru
Simple he says :rofl:

Very nicely done Lambert, that would look good for the Facebook logo :thumbsup:

IamSam

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
I agree, this is excellent! I really like the light reflections in the edge of the glass and the text! That's insane!

Eggy

Retired Moderator
Thanks Sam, but I made the wooden block and the glass plate, apply the materials and set the logo and text to 'emission' and Blender does the rest.
While using cycles render you have a preview of what you can expect (standard set at 32 cycles) but when fully rendered (1000 cycles) I'm sometimes amazed myself.

Another wonderful creation Lambert.
The wood, the tinted glass and the logo with its reflection is extremely awesome.

Though I detected a flaw in the image, that is worth looking at.
The wooden material is extremely crisp, and the floor tiles are out of focus.
It's an impossibility that wouldn't happen with 'real' photography.

Eggy

Retired Moderator
Thanks Chris.

I can explain this Chris:
In Blender I try to work with the big possible material textures I can find, 5000+px is my minimum.
But when you apply the material on the plane you have to make the plane fit in the composite. You know what I'm talking about, the plane with the tiles material (5000 px) extends way beyond the border of the composite.
The wood material has the same size but is applied on a much smaller object. Not to mention that the wood has more details then the tiles.

You see now, the tiles are in focus but spread over more surface therefore losing some of the focus.

Yes, I know the problem of using a ground plane texture.

This material is a seamless version I used a few times in my own work.
It is no problem to 'make' it smaller in Blender and it 'll repeat seamlessly.

Bildschirmfoto 2017-06-23 um 17.13.02.png
I make my adjustments here.