What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

3D Blender - Retro Radio

Eggy

Retired Moderator
Thanks Ged!

Even the sound that came out of that was amazing...

IamSam

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Looks incredible Lambert, I used to carry one like that around on my shoulder. Actually, I think it looks like it might belong in any of the cars from the 1940's. Very cool!

Pipsmom

Guru
That looks so real you'd expect it to play, :thumbsup:
Just beautiful except that little bit of fringe around the word balance or is that just the way the picture suppose to be

You're outdoing yourself Lambert. This is crazy cool work.
I love the camera angle, the colors, the shape of this radio and all the details.

Eggy

Retired Moderator
Looks incredible Lambert, I used to carry one like that around on my shoulder. Actually, I think it looks like it might belong in any of the cars from the 1940's. Very cool!

Thanks Sam.

I remember those's things in the 70s when crazy shapes and colors were 'cool'...and this one looks vintage over vintage (early 50s remake for the 70s) and yes very well fitting with the cars in the early 50s.

I have to look it up but I wonder when real stereo made its appearance...:cool2:

I used this one (modern version with CD player and USB) as example

radio_retro.jpg

Last edited:

Eggy

Retired Moderator
Just beautiful except that little bit of fringe around the word balance or is that just the way the picture suppose to be

Thanks Pipsmom but you'll have to 'open' the image by clicking on it to get the full size (for the site) 2000 X 2000 px then you'll see there's no fringe...

Eggy

Retired Moderator
You're outdoing yourself Lambert. This is crazy cool work.
I love the camera angle, the colors, the shape of this radio and all the details.

Thanks Chris.

I love those 60s/70s things since it was 'my' era!

If you wonder how to get the specific reflection (radial) on the round buttons, use 'anisotropic BSDF'.

Changing the camera view gets you surprisingly good views.

Last edited:

Pipsmom

Guru
I take it back...ITS PERFECT and I truly mean that... Your work is just outstanding each time you show us one. Thanks for telling me to open the imagine, thought it was normal size, now I can fully see every detail... perfectionism