What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Perfect Resize 7 formerly Genuine Fractals vs Photoshop Image Size.

Steve

Retired Administrator
My personal, non scientific, review.

I had a 18-135 zoom lens on my camera and wasn't looking for bird shots when somebody said eagle.
There he was a bald eagle flying by so I took the shot at 135mm:

Eagle1.jpg

I cropped and saved it to the size shown.

I enlarged the crop from 692 X 508px to 9000X6607px in Photoshop and then with Perfect Size 7.

I placed them side by side with the original crop, here's the result.

3.jpg

I hope you can see what I see, Perfect Size 7 really outshines PS when up sizing an image.

Hoogle

Guru
yes I love it I use it all the time worth the price tag if you do a lot of resizing

Paul

Former Member
It does look clearer, but to be honest it looks painted in now, not that that's a problem BUT the image in my opinion as now come away from its original desire of being a photograph. Could see the tool you used having a use in some applications though, great comparison shots Steve.

Hoogle

Guru
I have had perfect results upto 400% enlargement on most pictures you have to take into consideration steve was only enlarging a handful of pixels so the software did not have enough to render on but for a small pic it is brilliant

Steve

Retired Administrator
I...................................... steve was only enlarging a handful of pixels so the software did not have enough to render on but for a small pic it is brilliant

Exactly, I was going for an extreme example to show a side by side.
IMHO there's no contest here, you choose for yourself.

Paul

Former Member
Never heard of it guys, so my comparison was the images in front of me, sorry for replying.

Hoogle

Guru
seriously go to onone software and download a trial and test it out for yourself that is the only way you can make your mind up

vvpeter15

It does look clearer, but to be honest it looks painted in now, not that that's a problem BUT the image in my opinion as now come away from its original desire of being a photograph. Could see the tool you used having a use in some applications though, great comparison shots Steve.​