What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Free High Quality Resources

Vafann

Guru
Heeelooo! I Just bought the latest issue of Photoshop Creative (at least it´s the latest that has come to Sweden). Anyway, on the CD attached to the magazine, there was a link to a place with really high quality free resources, that I haven´t come across before. It´s all free for both personal and commercial projects, and there is some amazing stuff here it you haven´t seen it already. :)

Here you go:

Freebies | Media Militia

ibclare

Queen Bee
Tx Vafann. I also love your idea of sharing photos. I just went through some old ones yesterday, pulling those I think I might be able to use for compositions. however, these are not digital, but older SLR shots. Anyway, for you to share is very generous.

Vafann

Guru
Tx Vafann. I also love your idea of sharing photos. I just went through some old ones yesterday, pulling those I think I might be able to use for compositions. however, these are not digital, but older SLR shots. Anyway, for you to share is very generous.

You could alway scan them :) I think it would be really cool if we all shared pictures that are all just laying around anyway, I´m sure we could put them to good use. :)

Zeealex

Retired Forum Moderator
agreed with vafann, get them on the scanner bed clare! :D thanks for sharing these, some great resources there!

Tioga

A great link..... Thank You so much for sharing.

Another good reason to tune into PSG on a daily base!!.....

Ron

ibclare

Queen Bee
Yes, these are really great. I have the link, but forget about it sometimes when it's got exactly what I need. eg: Wire fencing pngs, 300 dpi and some 4000 px wide? Cool, even though to date I have needed wire fencing!

ibclare

Queen Bee
I would like to share these model resources. Both the artists are on deviantarts.com and have incredible collections of high quality images.

One is faestock (Jessica), and as the name suggests, there are a lot of fae images, but lots more including many useful poses and faces. Most models are placed in settings. http://faestock.deviantart.com/

Another is Marcus Ranum, and you will just have to visit the site and check these out. Inkpad and Inkz are both familiar with his gallery. Go see. http://mjranum-stock.deviantart.com/

If you have favorites yourself, post them in this thread. It doesn't have to be just models. Share and we can help each other improve the quality of our work!

DaveD

Heeelooo! I Just bought the latest issue of Photoshop Creative (at least it´s the latest that has come to Sweden). Anyway, on the CD attached to the magazine, there was a link to a place with really high quality free resources, that I haven´t come across before. It´s all free for both personal and commercial projects, and there is some amazing stuff here it you haven´t seen it already. :)

Here you go:

Freebies | Media Militia

where do I put these things in photoshop 7 (or are they for later versions only)

smoke

Power User
:thumbsup: thanx for sharing!

ibclare

Queen Bee
Maybe some are. The 3D element of PS was not in the earlier versions, but a lot of these will be jpegs or more likely pngs. You can use those in any version of Photoshop or just about any software you have that inserts images. Enjoy. Vafann would want you to have fun with them.

ibclare

Queen Bee
I'm not big on plugins; in fact, I don't use any plugins. For my birthday tihs month, I have spread broad hints (leittle pink stickie all over the place and screen shots emailed to my fairy godmother, uh godfather that is, to get me a package of Topaz plugines. Those will be my first! I take it you mean where to store for access. Lol, IDK. Of course you would download to "downloads" and open them. I assume they will go to a default folder. Now loading brushes is simple enough; you bring them directly into the brush palette if you want frequent access or keep them in folders till you need them. My palette tends to get overfull and I have to reset it.

But I can guarantee that some wise ( _ _ _ ) member will be along to advise you. JK guys, I love ur knowledge. Without it, I would still be in the dark ages of PS6! I still have it on my old iMac and respect all versions of PS. And my gratitude to Adobe that they have always built on the software and not deleted very much in doing so. I still use all my same tricks, but man have I learned a lot since I joined this forum. Plus, I am always using my skills to help people or by engaging my time in the challenges and so forth. You would do well to enter one of these contests. Lots to learn and have fun at the same time. I "waste" hours and hours in Photoshop and love every minute of it. Even the painstaking pen tool renders. But the results are well worth the time.

I am currently working on the Spring Poster Challenge and it is a big job. I pen tooled gifs of ten flowers, yipes. Once I have finished, I will put them all here in a rar file for anyone who wants them. Yes, they are that good I can say with pride. And it is only by using it for years that I have gotten as fast using it as I can now. OK, I have gone way beyond your question here. My verbosity is well know on the forum. That's why they made me a mod. They know I like to gab so they figured I'd take every chance to answer requests! Just so I could hear myself think and tire the rest of you so you'd be too busy reading to make trouble.

Yep, I'm a narc, a hall monitor, and a spam killer. I also take a great toll on zombies. Apocalypse give me the heebee jeebies.