What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What did you get for Christmas? This is what I got -->

Congrats on the tablet. Having recently purchased a Wacom tablet, I am sure you will love it! I use my tablet almost daily now.

I got (my wife) a new DSLR camera for Xmas, for family photos and such. So our pix should start looking a lot better soon. (I hope)

Agent

Zeealex

Retired Forum Moderator
loving the tablet carson!

I got a DSLR, Pentax kr as if you didn't guess by the sig XD and a few other bits and bobs, including it's case, tripod and SD card. overall pretty good pressies this year

ibclare

Queen Bee
Congrats Carson - that's a really great, useful gift that goes on giving!

I know you've been wanting a good camera Zee! Yay; another gift that keeps on.

And agent, now you expect her to do all the work, huh, lol.

Carson

Power User
haha yeah, I'm pretty thankful for my gift. Agent, I use mine almost daily too haha. Great tool for Photoshop.

Hoogle

Guru
I got a voucher for
boujou 5

However I can not activate the software yet as you need to actually phone the customer service department and register the poduct and they send you a special program to activate it

And if you dont know what it is it is basically industry leading motion tracking software that can import cameras into pretty much any video editing software.

It is the daddy of special effects software. (does not make the effects just lets you place them into a scene realistically with proper camera movements around the special effects. )

Paul

Former Member
Socks and a new snorkel, a sun visor for my car window screen, and a big bar of fruit and nut all the way from blighty.

Paul

Former Member
I got a voucher for
boujou 5

However I can not activate the software yet as you need to actually phone the customer service department and register the poduct and they send you a special program to activate it

And if you dont know what it is it is basically industry leading motion tracking software that can import cameras into pretty much any video editing software.

It is the daddy of special effects software. (does not make the effects just lets you place them into a scene realistically with proper camera movements around the special effects. )

H i just had a look see at there prices, and i got to say, for those prices i would want to own my one TV station or film company just to justify the pricing - GASP

Hoogle

Guru
Well I have to laugh or I will cry I have been doing all the research watching tutorials and I have found similar software that does the job for free however there probably is a huge performance difference. I guess I am not going to fine out the true potential of it until the new year when I can get my activation package.

I suppose it is the equivalent of Maya 3d modelling package several $thousands and then there is blender $000000 completely free.

you can spot the difference straight away.

Oh and you Snorkeling that is on 1 of my holiday wish lists to go diving on the great Barrier. But from the sounds of the documentaries I am running out of time as it is dying\dieing You will have to get a section of it and some of the fish and put it in your pool to preserve it for me.

Carson

Power User
I've used both Maya 3D, and Blender. I never quite spent as much time on Maya as I did blender due to the fact that I was too lazy to download it for the longest time. Both good programs though.

Hoogle

Guru
I suppose it is all down to what you want to use it for I have dabbled in Maya but dont like the interface Blender just does not feel like a complete product but I have fallen in love with cinema 4d and will probably start learning studio max as I would like to get more into modelling and animation or to everybody else CGI motion graphics. and maya\ studio max are probably the 2 best applications for it.

I Would like to wish you a Merry Christmas

Carson

Power User
Yeah, I never didn't get too indulged in that line of work. Hey Hoogle, what would suggest for good Desktop Recording Software?

Hoogle

Guru
windows or Mac Mac I use camtasia Studio you have to buy it but the latest version I have not quite figured out the right codec to record with as the text on screen looks a bit blury. It is the best for Pc. they do a free version as well that is exactly the same quality just the editing suite is not as good but still has all the main features like cursor highlighting keyboard input commands and shortcuts etc.

The mac I believe has 1 built into the operating system and is superb quality. But I have not got to much details on it.

Trust me when I say spoken video tutorials are far more viewed and followed than long winded screen cap and written intstructions. And videos are easier to make.

only word of caution though you may have to over edit some of your stuff as what you see on screen does not always come across in the screen recording especially things like sharpening.

Also if you just embed youtube videos into your blog you may want to think about applying for youtube partnership and add sense. At first you do not make a great deal of money but once you hit the several thousands of views you can find yourself making in excess of $1500 - $10,000 a quarter. based on a video a day. I work with a guy that uploads a video a day gets a million+ views a video and is raking in that YOUTUBE MONEEEEYYYYYYYYYY.

However I have not known any kind of graphics tutorials even get close to those kind of views. So how I make my youtube moneeyyyy is sending the big youtubers ideas of graphics and intro videos some you give for free as long as they advertise it and some you sell I can make a youtube intro and get $500 for it. So if you want your site to become your job that is my advice to you.

Paul

Former Member
Oh and you Snorkeling that is on 1 of my holiday wish lists to go diving on the great Barrier. But from the sounds of the documentaries I am running out of time as it is dying\dieing You will have to get a section of it and some of the fish and put it in your pool to preserve it for me.

I don't live that side of Australia, the reef is not going anywhere soon, it's going through a change that science can reverse. And yes it's excellent diving, but over here as so much to see and do also. Even though our pool is salt water corals/fish would die very quickly, you see the salt water gets converted into chlorine gas to maintain pool quality.
I still think it's a silly price to pay for nothing much more that a hobby, horses for courses i suppose.

Hoogle

Guru
I think they are uploaded on vimeo unless it is now closed not sure how vimeo works if it is subscription based or not and that means If when I get my hard drive recovered it is still on there I will reupload a copy on to youtube.

ChrisHPZ

Power User
I received money and gift cards to which I used on more video games I barely have time to play. Currently working on Demon's Souls, F.E.A.R. series, Deus Ex, and, and, no I think that's it.

webwize

I got a copy of Manga Studio 4.0 not had much chance to play with it but so far it looks good. Anyone else had any experience with this?