What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Creating Photoshop filters

AppleCider

Power User
Great, Gauss! I'm really glad Creativemac put all those tutes in one place.

wbiss

Guru
[stuned] I didn't even know that it was possible to create your own filters in PS! [confused] Great series of tutes on how to do it! Thanks G-Man! :)

bluner

Just copry the filter to the filters folder which is usually C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Photoshop CS3\Plug-Ins\Filters and then it will be there the next time yopu open photoshop.

peta62

Guru
Hello,
I cannot find this Filter Factory on my Photoshop installation, do you know whether it is still part of Photoshop ?
Thank you,
Peter

dv8_fx

Retired Administrator
If I'm not mistaken, Filter Factory came with the earlier versions of Photoshop (PS3), not CS.

It's a plug-in... don't think there's a latest version and the old ones won't work in current CS.

Last edited:

peta62

Guru
If I'm not mistaken, Filter Factory came with the earlier versions of Photoshop (PS3), not CS.

It's a plug-in... don't think there's a latest version and the old ones won't work in current CS.

Thank you very much, I have the same impression. Is there anything with the same or similar functionality ?

dv8_fx

Retired Administrator
None that I know of.... tho there's a lot of plugins around for download - with effects almost similar to the earlier ones created with Filter factory.

Just do a google search of Filter Factory.... and if your lucky, you may come across a link to a working file of FF among all those search results..

peta62

Guru
Thank you very much, I have the same impression. Is there anything with the same or similar functionality ?

None that I know of.... tho there's a lot of plugins around for download - with effects almost similar to the earlier ones created with Filter factory.

Just do a google search of Filter Factory.... and if your lucky, you may come across a link to a working file of FF among all those search results..

Thank you very much, gotta go to sleep now but I will definitely check tomorrow.