What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

After Effects AE Installed - OMG what next...

webwize

Hi Guys and Gals

I have just installed After Effects and after getting over the initial horror of realizing I didn't understand one tiny little bit I thought it best to come and speak to some people who do.

Any Tutorials (project based is good for me normally) that people can suggest? You tube channels etc etc. Also do people think AE will be worth the time investment on my part? From the looks of it the learning curve will be steep which is fine if its worth it in the end :)

Sorry if lots of this has already been posted, if so (holds head in shame) my bad..

Cheers

Webwize
[/FONT]

webwize

Thanks Hoogleman I will have a look tonight :) Will post my results at some point in the future unless they are realllllllllllllly woeful...

Hoogle

Guru
remember after effects seems very limited on what you can do with it at first but once you start learning it gets very complicated for awesome results. It scares a lot of people off but well worth learning.

JustinR

There is a lot of great learning courses on lynda.com: search results | lynda.com from beginners stuff to advanced motion graphics. I encourage you to read a lot. Just try to be up to the date on AE news and you will be ok. Also try just to play with all the tools and options - put on some music and try to do a crazy moving, fading motions.

Hoogle

Guru
antonyw I deleted your 2nd link as it was offering premium content that is a retail product from Videohive for free.
But have included your video copilot link in your first post

ChrisHPZ

Power User
The Adobe classroom in a book series also does a very good job on bridging new users to its products. After Effects is very intimidating to the rookie. Hell the UI has a way of making one say "what did I get myself into, and what am I supposed to do with all of this?" Another book I started off with is "AfterEffects Apprentice" and "AfterEffects for Flash, Flash for AfterEffects." Both are available on Amazon and both come with prepared lesson files.