What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

After Effects After effects cc New Render settings

Hoogle

Guru
So I came to render out a video today using the new cc with a few overlays on a template I made in after effect Went to go render it out and all my native presets are no longer there mainly things like H.264 Mp4 or WMP and boy was I shocked so I chose the next best option Quicktime rendering out using H.264 Codec well a video that normally takes about 15 to 30 mins to render was still rendering 2 hours later.

Ok Video editing usually means a long render time so stuck with it but then played it back and it was blurry and not good enough for what I needed. So after 30 mins of playing around I have discovered new options.

Option 1 go to Edit > preferences > output and check the Show Deprecated Formats
This will bring it all back when you add to render queue but there is a noticable quality difference than what your use to

So a bit mopre playing around thinking well this cant be the best option for a world leading video editing software package.

I then went to add to render queue and noticed a new option

add to ame render que (AME being Adobe media encoder)

So I did that and it exports an aep file with a video track and audio but not rendered.

So open up Media Encoder you should have it as it comes with every adobe product I believe
Add the project to your render output files and you can choose a wide variety of presets.

And There you have it far superior render Quality and the video only took 5 mins to render with a suitable file size to upload to youtube. It also has Youtube presets.

I am no stranger to After Effects but this threw me a bit so Thought I would just share this with you incase you come across it in the future.