What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

After Effects my first after effects project

Anas Sabeeh

hey all so this is my first after effects project. it a gun fight scene, i hope you like it, please tell me your impression of it, was it good, was it bad, as if for a first project, tell me if i had mistakes,what can i do to make it better ...etc

It's good for a first timer, though the flashes from the gun seem to be maybe too big or too bright or something. The timing of the sound effects was a bit off and while most of the hand guns looked a similar calibre, each gun had a totally unique sound, granted the shotgun required a shotgun sound, but I would have thought the others would have been more similar. One last bit of advice from me is, if you want somebody to look like they are running, get them to actually run, as the film lacked urgency, considering people where shooting at each other, and it just looked they had necked a load of laxatives.

Anas Sabeeh

It's good for a first timer, though the flashes from the gun seem to be maybe too big or too bright or something. The timing of the sound effects was a bit off and while most of the hand guns looked a similar calibre, each gun had a totally unique sound, granted the shotgun required a shotgun sound, but I would have thought the others would have been more similar. One last bit of advice from me is, if you want somebody to look like they are running, get them to actually run, as the film lacked urgency, considering people where shooting at each other, and it just looked they had necked a load of laxatives.
thank you man,i know the acting needed to be better than this, and the running part needed to be more realistic. can you recommend me some tutorials or something on how to adjust the brightness of the muzzle flash to fit with my video,or can you just recommend me tutorials that will improve my skills on after effects? thanks

I found the tutorials on light sabre fights quite interesting when starting to learn this, in fact it was the reason I learned this. Tutorials for that are easy to find with google.

Paul

Former Member
Why gun fire why not be more creative and do something less aggressive mate?

inkpad.t

Guru
Kids killing each other with guns on streets...... like Paul said.... something less aggressive mate.

Personally i would like to see this sort of thing ban on you tube, acting or not. but that's just me. reference the actual affects themselves like mention above, gun flash to bright, not enough smoke, etc.