What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

After Effects Searching for the perfect AE laptop (for up to $3000)

kandiimann

Hi everyone, I need a very powerful laptop for after effects and I'm having a very hard time finding the perfect one. I use really heavy effects. I can spend up to $3000 and I want RAM previews to load as fast as possible. Any ideas?

what do you guys think of this one from adkvideoediting.com with the following specs

CaseADK - 8600 HW: 17.3" 1920 x 1080 Full HD (16:9) LED Backlit LCD (Matte) Backlite
Power SupplyIncluded
ProcessorIntel - i7 4800MQ 2.7GHz 6M cache Quad Core with HT (turbo to 3.7GHz)
MemoryADK - 32Gig (4x8gig) 1600 11-11-11-28 Sodimm Lifetime Warranty
Operating SystemMicrosoft - Windows 7 Pro 64 bit OEM
Recovery SoftwareParagon Backup & Recovery 12 Suite with ADK recovery Flash Drive.
OS/Programs DriveSamsung - 256 GB 840 Pro 2.5" Internal Solid State Drive
Source DriveWestern Digital - 750G 7200RPM Hard Drive 16meg cache 5 yr warranty
Render DriveNone
Cache/StorageNone
Removable MediaNone
External Raidnone
Raid ControllerNone
FW/USB/e-SataNone
DVD-RW/BDRIncluded CD-RW/DVD read/write
Graphics CardNVIDIA GeForce GTX 870MX w/6GB GDDR5
Video I/ONone
NICIncluded Wired 1GB and Intel Dual Band Wireless-AC and Blue Tooth 4.0
MouseNone
WarrantyStandard 1 yr Parts and Labor Lifetime Tech Support
ConverterNone
Audio InterfaceNone
Audio SoftwareNONE
NLE SoftwareNONE
Plug-ins/DSPNONE
Laptop
8600 HW
Price: $2,832.00
Description:15 and 17 inch 4nd Gen Intel (Haswell) Quad Core i5, i7 Laptop. up to 32 gig ram and 4 internal HDDs, on board TEXAS INSTRUMENTS FIREWIRE 400

can anyone reccomend something better for around the same price or is this a really good system?