What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

After Effects New to AE. How do I add time between keyframes?

RichGags

I purchased an AE template online. On the time remap line I see 4 yellow dots. The first 2 are the IN animation, the 2nd two are the OUT animation. I would like to add 30 seconds or so in between dot 2 and 3 so the images pauses for a while. How do I do that?

See attachment. At the cursor is where I need to extend it. Thanks. Rich

Screen Shot 2014-05-05 at 9.33.08 PM.png

Hoogle

Guru
grab the end of the brownish line in the timeline and drag it to the right to where you want it to end. then select the last 2 keyframes and slide them along

RichGags

Thank you so much. That seemed to work. I did what you suggested. When I tried to do it on the next layer, my screen went blank and my MacBook fan kicked on. I had to hard reset the machine. I reloaded the mac, opened AE again and it happened again.

Being new to AE, is this a common problem? Do I need to change any settings for hardware acceleration or is my AE installation or template corrupt somehow? Ive never had this happen before. I know video applications are memory intensive. Maybe I have a bad memory block? Any ideas?

Thanks.

Hoogle

Guru
try turning of advanced open GL in preferences> Performance but I really dont think that task would strain your mac to freeze