What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

After Effects Drawing circle in AE

takuro1103

Hi everyone, I'm new in After Effect and would like to know how to draw a circle like below one. I want to circle up some people in a group photo, and would like it to be like a drawing effect, I mean not just a circle pop up at their face, but is like a drawing circling up the face, can anyone teach me this such effect? Thank you so much!Untitled.jpg

Ekmeh

Hi everyone, I'm new in After Effect and would like to know how to draw a circle like below one. I want to circle up some people in a group photo, and would like it to be like a drawing effect, I mean not just a circle pop up at their face, but is like a drawing circling up the face, can anyone teach me this such effect? Thank you so much!View attachment 63800

I don't know if you have Trapcode Tao plugin but if you do you can make this very easily. Just pick the pen tool and draw the cirlcle, put Tao on it and disable the path generator so the default shape doesn't show anymore. Now all you have to do is play with the settings. An imprtant setting is under the "Path from mask" tab called "Taper Size". This will make the edges fade out like the drawing. Set the Taper Start around 15 and Taper End around 50. That way the starting point of the circle is bigger and the ending point fades out, just like your pic. Remove all shadows and depth settings and perhaps you could import some drawing textures.

Hope it helps!