What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

After Effects '"How to change the song in one time?" Audio Spectrum Visualizer

Mantelo Man

Hi, I made audio spectrum visualizer similar style with multiple solid layers. But got a problem '"How to change the song in one time?". Every layer has different colours, glow and all other effects but song is the same, so now if i want change song i have to go into every solid layer and change FX Audio Spectrum > Audio Layer > Song Name

Last edited by a moderator:

IamSam

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Hello and welcome to PSG.

Thanks for dropping by, unfortunately, at the moment we don't have many members who use After Effects. If you look HERE you will see that almost all of our After Effects questions go unanswered. This is unfortunate but true.

You would better be served by posting your question in a more active forum dedicated to After Effects like: https://forums.adobe.com/community/aftereffects_general_discussion

Sorry!

Sam

Hoogle

Guru
you should be able to precompose the layers together to form a group, then if you pick whip by dragging the @ sign from the precomposed layer to the audio layer it should link the solid layers to the audio file so you when you swap the audio just relink the layers and it should do it. Not sure if your using the inbuilt audio react spectrum or if your using a plugin like trapcode soundkeys/mir/form or particular. If your doing a lot of audio react stuff then I suggest investing in Trapcode suite as a lot of audio react videos you see online use form or soundkeys in some way or other.

it has been a while (years since I have used native spectrum so my instructions are not so clear and I am not sure if you will have to write expressions these days as After Effects has evolved that it may just be part of it as standard.

I am sure there are some pick whip tuts on youtube but if your interested in upgrading to Trapcode form here is a Tutorial I just found suitable for beginners.

Ekmeh

Ideally would be to group them but in case you didn't, you can replace the audio file instead of importing a new version. If you keep the same name it will work. Kind of a late reply but thought I'd post it in case other people have the same question.