What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

After Effects Help with my project please.

Anubis2108

Hello all.

I am a beginner to Adobe after effects and i started my first project not long ago. I finished my project following a guide on youtube. But now i stumbled upon a question that i hope you can help me with.

For reference: This is the guide i followed.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l5oGIAGxiA4

The guide tells you how to make a text layer and create a mask from that text. Then give it effects that make it look like it is electrified.

My question is, since i want to use some of this for introes in my upcoming youtube videoes, how do i change the text without having to redo all the layers?

Really hope you can help me on this.

Thank you in advance.

IamSam

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Hello and welcome to PSG. Congratulations on your recent entry into parenthood.

We appreciate that you have considered us for assistance. Unfortunately at this time, we don't have many members who are knowledgeable in After Effects and those who are, have not been participating in the forum as of late.

Since I really want you to find help for your question, I regretfully refer you HERE. Hopefully they will be able to provide you an answer.

I truly apologize for not being able to help more. Good luck!

Anubis2108

Hello and welcome to PSG. Congratulations on your recent entry into parenthood.

We appreciate that you have considered us for assistance. Unfortunately at this time, we don't have many members who are knowledgeable in After Effects and those who are, have not been participating in the forum as of late.

Since I really want you to find help for your question, I regretfully refer you HERE. Hopefully they will be able to provide you an answer.

I truly apologize for not being able to help more. Good luck!

Thank you but i found a solution to my problem.

For thoes interested in the solution do as following.

1: Edit the text in your text layer.
2: Create a new mask from that new text.
3: Mark the mask property in that Mask layer. (Expand the layer and click the mask). Then go to EDIT and click copy.
4: Now go to your design layers and paste onto it. It should replace the old mask with the new one and the new text would adopt the properties for thoes layers. Remember to hide the new mask layer. Or delete it.

Forgive me if i use the wrong terms and such.

Thank you again to anyone that tried finding the solution before i did.