What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Adobe Flash Button Actions Problem

tmiya88

Hi, I'm a beginner in flash.

I'm trying to use action script assist for a flash video in as2.

I made a circle. Then I right clicked and converted to a button. I go into the button and right click HIT to open the actions window. In the actions window it says "Current selection cannot have actions applied to it."

help2.jpg

help1.jpg

I have tried doing the same this on both my school's computers and mine. It doesn't seem to work :/. I've made a web design before and used lots of actions before, but it never showed this message.

Help please ><.

ChrisHPZ

Power User
You're coming into this issue because Flash does not allow any AS code to be placed directly on symbols unless that code comes from the Code Snippets panel. The other thing I want to ask you is why are you using Actionscript 2.0? This version of the language is outdated. If you're going to be involved with OOP in Flash, I suggest you get started with Actionscript 3. Start at the bottom video of this website.

AdobeTV | ActionScript 1:1 with Doug Winnie