What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Need advice on webdesign and animating bitmaps

salted

I'd like to build a webpage and am wondering if flash is my best bet. What I'm after is a animated graphic novel. By this I mean that there will be animation in each panel of a page. I can see this concept in my head but I have several issues in realizing it, and would appreciate any advice .There are several issues for me. I would like to work with bitmaps and not vector graphics. I know its possible to import bitmaps into flash, but Im not sure if you could effectively export them out as swf files, and then successfully use them on a website like im after. Because of this I considered using Gifs and just arranging them in a comic style grid, however I have another requirement for this to work. This is not simply a flash movie, I need the comic to be interactive. It needs to have a button that flips the pages (at this stage I'm not worried about a page turn animation). On top of all that, other than the animation happening within each frame (it wont be complicated stuff, mostly looping sequences of object moving in the wind, and environmental effects) I need another animation on top of this. What I need to happen is to have another set of images "fade in" on top of each page, and this needs to be user interactive as well.

This is a little difficult to explain but in the end I would like a webpage of some sort that has animated panels; another layer of animation to fade-in (transition from invisible to visible) on top of the page through a click of a button; and the ability to change pages to the next set of animated panels with the same button that allows for the same kind of effects on each page.

I don't have any programming knowledge and am hoping to be able to pull this off on my own. My knowledge is basically in illustration/animation and in fact i will be using this project as my senior thesis. Any advice will be much appreciated, on whether something like this is possible and what might be the best way to go about it.

Whats proving to be a challenge is uploading what I can make to the web and have it be interactive as well. It would be a lot easier to do a static comic, or upload a animated move; its the balance of the two that I'm after and hoping flash (or maybe another program in the adobe suite) can be the solution.

thanks!